Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to be laughed right out of this forum for asking this but,
if you dont use a kick stand on your road bike what do you do, lay the bike on the ground?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I put one on my hybrid, will put one on my road bike when I get one, don't care if people laugh, the added weight will be made up with fewer dings and dents....go ahead and laugh people:D

Just remember, I'm an old guy...

DrB

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm probably going to be laughed right out of this forum for asking this but,
if you dont use a kick stand on your road bike what do you do, lay the bike on the ground?
if theres two or more of you could lean your bikes against each others seen it done .....:thumbsup:

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I would put the kick stand on it, that way when you get old like me you won't have to bend over to pick it up. My.02
Now if it was a Harley Sportster I would paint it John Deer green and cut the kick stand off.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Can't believe it is even being discussed...Non issue, the fastening system would crush the carbonfiber chainstays.

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
Yeah but c'mon! Get real! A kickstand?? what on earth for? A guy showed up at one of our sunday 75 rides with a backpack... when I asked what was in it he said extra clothes! I damn near popped his tires. If you're going to ride a road bike get with the program and the philosophy of it! No you absolutely cannot mount a kickstand on your roadbike! There!

·
Drink plenty of water!!!
328 Posts
These are all things that have no place in, on or around a roadbike. To that list I can add reflectors, fenders and kitchen sinks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah but c'mon! Get real! A kickstand?? what on earth for? A guy showed up at one of our sunday 75 rides with a backpack... when I asked what was in it he said extra clothes! I damn near popped his tires. If you're going to ride a road bike get with the program and the philosophy of it! No you absolutely cannot mount a kickstand on your roadbike! There!
if you think of the practicality of a stand it makes sence im sure there someone making carbon versions somewhere .....buck the trend...:cool:

·
Registered
127 Posts
What possible difference could it make to anyone else if someone rides with a kickstand or a backpack?

Curious.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
What possible difference could it make to anyone else if someone rides with a kickstand or a backpack?

Curious.
I'm curious too. :confused: Isn't the sport about riding? Seems that the appearance of what is worn, what is on the bike, etc. is more important to some than encouraging others to ride.

How a backpack somehow makes a rider inferior to a rider with saddle bags (or no backpack) I'm not sure.

I'd say that a kickstand is a good way to protect the investment of the bike if it is needed based on the rider's habits, where he/she stops, etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious too. :confused: Isn't the sport about riding? Seems that the appearance of what is worn, what is on the bike, etc. is more important to some than encouraging others to ride.

How a backpack somehow makes a rider inferior to a rider with saddle bags (or no backpack) I'm not sure.

I'd say that a kickstand is a good way to protect the investment of the bike if it is needed based on the rider's habits, where he/she stops, etc.
like all sport an elitist group emerges and tells every who will listen how its sposed to be done .....we are all creatures of habit .:cool:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts