Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to do a roadbike style SS for commuting, more so for the styling. i dig the color schemes and "personality" of SS and fixies...
not wanting to spend a lot of money on it since roadbikes are my true thing..
I'm really into older bikes so my question is:
which is more than likley the cheapest option-
buy frame/fork set for $60-100 and begin build there
buy complete roadbike for $80-150 and convert it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
bonesindustries said:
i'm wanting to do a roadbike style SS for commuting, more so for the styling. i dig the color schemes and "personality" of SS and fixies...
not wanting to spend a lot of money on it since roadbikes are my true thing..
I'm really into older bikes so my question is:
which is more than likley the cheapest option-
buy frame/fork set for $60-100 and begin build there
buy complete roadbike for $80-150 and convert it?
I had more fun converting my 1983 nishiki to a SS/Fixed gear. Rather than building one. I felt like I was doing more Customizing since I was taking it apart.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I was at a yard sale the outher day and thay had a perfect single speed bike for $40 bucks a Treck steel frame drop bar road bike. just take off the derailers and run the chain direct . I did not buy it, dumb me, I baught the Treck 7100 that still had the nipels on the tires for my wife. It bouthered me that I did not buy that bike so I went back it was gone

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i know the feeling calling on a schwinn la tour today fo $65 but got a feeling its already gone :(

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so my grandpa gave me a Fuji M-100 mountain bike today, from my few min of research it appears to be the cheapest mnt bike produced by Fuji in the late 90's... the shifting system is in need of some major help, soo, i'm thinking this could be my S/S build...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts