Ladies--

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Yamez, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Yamez

Yamez Guest

What kind of seats do you have on your bikes? The stock is just not cutting it for a comfortable ride.

2. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

My wife uses the WTB Speed She and likes it pretty good. The biggest difference for her was getting a better pair of shorts. She rides mountain too. You looking for road or MTB?

3. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

I just use the one that came with my bike (Bontrager Select FIT CRZ+ Basic). I find it very comfortable. It's a woman specific design.

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Unfortunately, unless your bike is a woman specific design, most bikes come with saddles that fit men better than women. Even WSD bikes can sometimes come with saddles that are too narrow. The important thing is selecting a saddle that fits. My gf uses a Terry Butterfly. It fits her perfectly, but may not necessarily fit you.

There are two ways to go about selecting a saddle. You can either use a fit system like Specialized's Body Geometry where you are measuring the distance between your sit bones or you can do it by trial and error. If your current saddle is too narrow which it probably is if it's stock, select one a bit wider. If you go the trial and error route, hopefully you can try out a few different ones before buying.

5. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I have an Italia SMP, I really like it. No more fire crotch after 25 miles!