Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From Twitter:

Listening to Tony Kornheiser's comments/rant on ESPN radio re: cyclists. Disgusting, ignorant, foolish. What a complete f-ing idiot.
Tony Kornheiser on cyclists on the road, "run 'em down". Really? Big mistake, Tony.
Have a listen. ESPN 980 - Home of the Redskins. Listen to the March 11, part 1 segment and go to 30 mins in. #whatapunkasschump
Sounds like this Tony Kornheiser needs a good beatdown...

·
Two skinny J's
21,359 Posts
Looks like it has been deleted :( I don't how he keeps getting work !

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like it has been deleted :( I don't how he keeps getting work !
Yep, looks that way, most likely it got yanked after a ton of complaints. Hats off to ESPN for yanking it, now hopefully they'll can this whack job once and for all...

·
Registered
657 Posts
Didn't Mr. Kornheiser just get suspended recently for something he said on air? I can't recall what it was though....Anyone know what it was for?????

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Yep, looks that way, most likely it got yanked after a ton of complaints. Hats off to ESPN for yanking it, now hopefully they'll can this whack job once and for all...
I think keeping it on the air would have ensured his removal from espn. Has any one found the actual recording yet? I looked and couldn't.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Here is a youtube clip that has the audio of Tony Kornhole's cycling rant...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7wnBoWOfAU]YouTube - Kornheiser supports running over cyclists[/ame]

·
Registered
657 Posts
And seeing this clip reminded me why he got suspended. He was ripping on one of his female coworkers for her dress. I can't remember off hand what he specifically said about her, but it clearly must have been bad for ESPN to suspend the idiot.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
The comment that got him suspended was calling Hannah Storm a "skank".

This ongoing vomit should get him fired, blackballed, or chased out of town by the mob with torches and pitchforks. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

BikeForums.net has a thread with a transcript of it; caught it the other day. Kornholer is a good nickname for this fool.

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Updates from Twitter:

(Tweeted by Lance)
...just off the phone w/ Tony Kornheiser who's very sorry 4 his comments re: cyclists. Going on the show 2morrow 2 discuss this w/ him.
This could be interesting...

(Tweeted by RoadID)
ESPN has removed the Kornheiser audio archive from their website. You can still hear it here. Small victory i guess. http://ow.ly/1nXfQ
Ahh, behold the power of social networking...

·
Two skinny J's
21,359 Posts

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just finished listening to the podcast, and found this tweet from Levi...

Sounds like that Tony Kornhoser guy got what he wanted, a bunch of attention and an interview with @lancearmstrong. Never heard of him B4!
Interview seemed civil, but it looks like that dude will have some new nicknames now...

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
OK, so maybe he got a clue; it sounds like he did, he seems to be a bit 'nervous' about the amount of attention and outrage he generated by being an idiot.

I WILL accept the apology, but I wouldn't join the ride-and-a-beer with Armstrong; don't think I'd be civil enough.

Has anyone caught Bob Roll's response on Versus.com? It was a good one!

Sorry, tried/failed to add link....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts