Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go again!!

Won't they ever let it rest!!!!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Everyone he beat did and were caught. Many witnesses testified under oath that he did. Drug doctors Marti and Ferrari were working with USPS. Andreu, Hamilton, (Hincapie?). Phone conversations with Lemond.

I cannot state with absolute certainty, but I've read enough to say, yes, I think he did.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many years have they had to "Prove" it?

It has turned into a "Joke"!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Read the document if you're interested. He was not only the best cheater but the best at avoiding detection. The methods of cheating and avoiding detection are detailed in the report.

How could he be so much better than the others who were all found guilty?

There was either a conspiracy to use drugs and methods to elude detection or a conspiracy among the dozen or so witnesses to hang Lance. I see motive and the ability to form a conspiracy among Lance, Bruyneel, etc. I do not see the motive or ability for the witnesses to conspire against Lance, and et al.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,898 Posts
I hardly think Lance is the best cheater. The best one has yet to be caught. He was just doing what it took to remain competitive in the top teir of cycling, JUST LIKE BUNCHES OF OTHERS. I'm betting there is no innocence in the top 100 or more. The "witnesses" are hypocritical participants displaying their jealousy of not being as good of a cheater. Hindsight on all these sports figure's testing is just the governing body's failure to regulate their sport effectively and all this skeleton in the closet crap years later is nonsense waste of taxpayer money & is BS thing for any congressional attention when they certainly have bigger more important issues to deal with. Better use of our taxpayer money would be to impeach the current person in DC for all the rules he's sidestepped. That being said, I don't believe it's really right but what the hell do people expect with all the money, sponsorships,prestige & whatnot at stake? Competition breeds looking for an edge. Wherever money is involved...greed & corruption are sure to follow. Which takes us back to.....Don't hate the playa, hate the game.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
I just find it funny that all the witnesses against his doping were all dopers themselves, just not as good. Why isn't the USPS going after the other team members that doped along with Lance? You can't tell me that he was the only one on that team that did it and took money from them.

I have to agree with i12ride that whenever there is competition and money in the same sentence, there is going to be corruption in some form or another. It's happens in every sport, including baseball and football. In my opinion, no sports figure is worth the kind of money that they make, regardless of the sport they are in.

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
I have to agree with i12ride that whenever there is competition and money in the same sentence, there is going to be corruption in some form or another. It's happens in every sport, including baseball and football. In my opinion, no sports figure is worth the kind of money that they make, regardless of the sport they are in.
preach on brother

·
717 Posts
"Better use of our taxpayer money would be to impeach the current person in DC for all the rules he's sidestepped."

I've read that the "mysterious substance" sent to DC was The Constitution....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lets start with blatantly violating the constitution and being caught. Taking positions that require congressional approval and placing his chronies into said positions without it. All while knowing full well that it was outside the legal definition of congress not being in session. He took an oath stating he would uphold the constitution and was caught red handed violating it by the judicial branch. Willful violation of the constitution is a pretty good reason to impeach the man I think.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Willful violation of the constitution is a pretty good reason to impeach the man I think.
So, you don't like Lance??

Strong post for your first post!!!

I won't say welcome!!!

·
Mr. Know-it-all
360 Posts
Umm... This is sounding like a "Pro cycling" or "off topic" conversation. I don't come here for religion or politics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Burr-

Apparently I have touched a nerve? My post didn't refer to Lance but obviously Merlincustom's post. Sorry for having an opinion. But I guess if it differs from your own its not welcome, right? I'll try to be more "agreeable" in the future... Smh.

·
1,835 Posts
Lets start with blatantly violating the constitution and being caught. Taking positions that require congressional approval and placing his chronies into said positions without it. All while knowing full well that it was outside the legal definition of congress not being in session. He took an oath stating he would uphold the constitution and was caught red handed violating it by the judicial branch. Willful violation of the constitution is a pretty good reason to impeach the man I think.
The recess apointment practice goes back to at least the 1860s. I assume you were as vociferously against Clinton's 130+ appointments, Bush's 170+, and Reagan's 240+ as you are regarding Obama's 30+. While the DC Circuit ruled against Obama, there is a split in the Circuits, so the case will end up in front of the Supremes. Granted, there was some hair splitting over what it means for Congress to be in session, but even if the high court rules the practice unconstitutional, that simply means that Obama's legal advisers got it wrong on a matter of constitutional interpretation, hardly the stuff of the "high crimes and misdemeanors" needed for an impeachment.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts

WTF? I thought he won the TdF?

When did Lance do all of this?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts