Lance's new MTB

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by Xela, Aug 4, 2009.

1. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

2. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Know any specs on it?

3. Xela

4. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Lances Leadville bike

Yeah, I saw it, he rode it today 4.5 hours and two flat tires...and 2 flat legs. It is a very cool bike and he will auction it off after the ride for charity.

DrB

5. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Well since Trek owns and makes Gary Fisher it really doesn't surprise me.

6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I didn't even know Lance competed in MTB trials? This new or has he always been involved.

7. Xela

He did this same race last year and got third, I think. This year he's probably the favorite since he's been training hardcore again. He's been riding MTBs for a while, and I remember the announcers commenting on his bike handling skills, thanks to his mountain biking, when he had to cut across that field in the '03 TDF to avoid Beloki who crashed in front of him

8. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

I bet he would have wrecked cutting across the field if he didn't have his MTB skills. That is pretty cool to watch if you haven't seen it either.

9. Bradford

Bradford Guest

That is a BAD MAMA JAMA!!!

10. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

top fuel with sramm xx nice, only 23 pounds though?? really? my fuel ex 9 with saint and no carbon is 25 with my computer and lights, haha and less than half the price of that bike, it is sexy though :)

11. Xela

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with that stat either. My Truth with XTR and no carbon weighs in just over 25 lbs. And it's about 5 years old. I would have thought they would be getting a lot lighter than that by now.

12. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

I think there's only so much material you can shave down to save weight while retaining rigidity and strength on a MTB. Otherwise it'll collapse or fold, and no one wants that to happen.

Cool to see that he's doing MTB things too.

13. madal

madal New Member

Now that is a really cool bike :cool:

14. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

He got 2nd, around 5 minutes behind the winner. After the race he was quoted saying, "next year, I'm going to come in shape"!!

15. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

WOOT!! This Saturday, it's going to be a good one!! I wish I would have looked into this sooner, I could have gone. Leadville is about 2 hours from me here in COS!!

16. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

Lance wins it!! 29 minutes, and on a flat!! The guy is an animal!! I wonder if the Tour De France will become the training race for more MTBers getting in shape for the Leadville 100!! LOL!!:p

17. Xela

Carmichael didn't fare as well. He said he thought about quitting, but didn't because he always tells his son to never quit and never give up.

Would have been a bad career move to. Wouldn't want all those athletes who are paying top dollar for your coaching services to see you quit a race.

You're right, LA is an animal! Although, I'm not sure what I think of these "Tired of being tired?" banner ads on various sites showing him with his shirt off lifting weights. A roadie's upper body is just not that impressive!

18. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

Yeah, I can agree with that!! These guys are cardio monsters, not muscle necks!! LOL!!

19. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

He got a pretty nice car too...
    [​IMG]