"Landis Says He Saw Lance Armstrong Use Drugs" - Do you Believe Him?

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by whyeyebike, Jul 24, 2010.

1. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Just read an article that Landis is now saying he actually witnessed Lance taking PED's and having blood transfusions. I am curious what the TwoSpoke community thinks about these allegations...Any thoughts on this or the accusations against the other top American riders.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Even with a fresh set of batteries in my credibility meter, I can't get the needle to move at all for Landis. No matter what he says or does, he'll be hard pressed to get anyone to believe him about anything any more.

3. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

What I can't figure out is what Landis has to gain by reversing his stance. Most people would say book deal, but no one is going to be a second book from this guy without a full refund for his "I didn't dope" book.

4. synack

synack The Back Row

IF the message came from anyone else (LeMond included), I MIGHT actually listen for two seconds then ask for proof.

5. Chris516

Chris516 New Member

It is obvious, Floyd Landis is talking about himself, not Lance Armstrong. Because every accusation Floyd Landis makes against Lance Armstrong is a lie.

The only way Floyd Landis(and Greg LeMond for that matter) could restore his credibility, would be to have incontrovertible evidence of collusion between Lance Armstrong and the Tour De France race organizers. But you don't here accusations from Andy/Frank Schleck, Maxime Momfort, Christophe Moreau, Jan Ullrich, or Tom Boonen, just to name a few. Jan Ullrich and Tom Boonen were caught doping in the past so, their own credibility would be shot, had they made the accusations Floyd Landis keeps making.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2010
  6. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I'm not sure what to believe but Canseco told on lots of players who all denied and now over the years slowly they have all caved in and admitted guilt.

Regardless what a horrible thing to do. Landis get's caught and then rats out everyone he can to whomever will listen. Utterly disgraceful, what a lame duck.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'd say it's basically a guarantee, but who cares. Go crazy monkey men on steroids go!

8. Engyo

Engyo Bent Newbie - old rider

Floyd Landis has about as much credibility as Andrew Breitbart these days........

9. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

hey, I'm in Houston too, just noticed that.

yes, Floyd has zero credibility but do you think he's gonna risk going to prison for perjury, lying to federal investigators under oath now? this investigation isn't exactly cheap either.

polygraph them all and be done with it.

and Lance, if found to be a fraud, will trump any and all of Floyd's lies by far, his credibility will fall below zero.

10. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Nope, he just drank a full bottle of haterade that morning!

11. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

i used to be the biggest Lance fan up until last week when that nightline news story came out, all of which Floyd has said in text before so nothing new came out, but it hit me like a ton of bricks that there is just no conceivable way Lance could do what he has done without doping.

a part of me still hopes i'm wrong about Lance as it could be a possibility but i have a feeling i'm not. sad, really, the state of cycling and the day time drama it's become.

12. Chris516

Chris516 New Member

Landis is a fraud through n' through.

13. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

Landis also stands to gain a percentage of the money collected via this federal investigation.

14. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

How so? Book deals?

15. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

No, by law. All monetary value recovered by the government from Lance is partial to Landis. There was a thread posted about it with the link. I'll try to find it and post the link here. Give me some time.

16. retromike3

retromike3 retromike3

Did lance need drugs?

when they tested lances blood oxygen intake levels back when he was on the U.S. national teem, he had the highest O2 levels on record. they also measured his lax levels and they were almost unreadable. He is a freak of nature. When he goes up a hill his legs don't hurt as bad as the rest of the pack so he can push himself that much harder.

Most bike racers retire at thirty five and he was still going at a level that most of the riders on the Tour would have given anything for.(23 of 170). Right now how many riders in the U.S. today could con peat with this "old man"?

The facts seem to point to the concussion that he did not need drugs he naturally "cheated". If somebody is quicker going up hills to make things more fair do we have to add lead weights to his bike?

17. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

Jeannie Longo is now 52 and still at the front of the pack on the world stage. Never has there ever been a need to question her ethics.

Btw, Leipheimer crushed Lance's previous world record at Leadville recently by something like 16 minutes.

The EPO must be extra strength on Radio Shack now days...

18. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member

» Links to this article

By Amy Shipley
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Saturday, September 4, 2010

Lance Armstrong, who has been under investigation by federal prosecutors in Los Angeles for several months, could also face a probe by the Justice Department if it intervenes in a whistle-blower lawsuit filed against Armstrong in federal court earlier this year.
    The lawsuit, which is under seal, was filed by former cyclist Floyd Landis, a source with knowledge of the suit said Friday night. Around the time Landis alleged to federal agents in May that Armstrong engaged in doping on his former U.S. Postal Service teams, he also filed the whistle-blower suit, the source said.
    The lawsuit filed under the U.S. False Claims Act named Armstrong and a number of Armstrong's former business associates as defendants, the source said.
    The Wall Street Journal first reported the lawsuit in its online edition Friday night. The newspaper said a U.S. Postal Service spokesperson declined to comment on the lawsuit because "this matter is under review by the Department of Justice."
    Citizens are entitled to file claims that allege a fraud has been committed against the government, and the Justice Department may decide to prosecute the claims. If Landis's suit is the first such against Armstrong and his associates, he stands to receive a portion of any money the government recovers.

Armstrong has repeatedly denied doping, and one of his attorneys, Mark Fabiani, called Landis - who denied doping for four years before coming clean - "a serial liar, an epic cheater, and a swindler," adding in an e-mailed statement that "What remains a complete mystery is why the government would devote a penny of the taxpayer's money to help Floyd Landis further his vile, cheating ambitions."
    The U.S. Postal Service paid more than $30 million to sponsor Armstrong's cycling team from 2001 to '04, the Journal reported. The payments went to a management company called Tailwind Sports.
    A Justice Department attorney and U.S. Postal inspector last week independently requested documents from a 2005 arbitration that involved Armstrong, the Journal reported.

19. Roadhouse

Roadhouse New Member