Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike was given to me by my brother who bought it around 88 or so. Spent most of the time in his garage. With a bad shoulder the straight bars are way more comfy for me. I think it looks cool this way. Fun bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool Project ! Cant wait to see it done. Since my Univega is my only bike , im glad I didnt have to restore it, just maintain it. But sometimes thats half the fun.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ive gotten a few compliments on the bike down at the beach where I ride . I was thinking of changing out the seat but so far it has been pretty comfy. Although my longest ride has been about 14 miles. I think more people should look for quality vintage bikes and customize them. Save lots of money and have something kinda unique. What color are you thinking about painting yours??

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
They were well built bikes that were sold at lower prices then you could find a similarly built bike from a different manufacture. Not too many people realized that they were decent bikes and Univega never got the recognition they deserved. Most Japanese bikes manufactures never got the recognition they deserved back, then that's why most of them are no longer around, which is sad because most of them were better then their Italian counterparts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts