Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this bike will be ready to race at dalby forest 20th & 21st august. still lots to do. any questions ? please ask.
Dan V

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
will try to get my mates helmet camera next time we go out. loads of gravity bike films on youtube as well.:D

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
That is going to be some race, and that bike will look great. That is unless you paint it pink. Short of that its gonna be great. That's also one bike I wouldn't want to have to go down on. Be careful.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I was hoping for an update on this thread. Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Dan!

50, huh. MPH or KPH? How long is that hill?

It's cool you were first for the shot of the finish they showed.

Also, what do you know about that chase vehicle? Is that just an ultra-modified soapbox racer?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was 50 mph and the hill was 1.2 miles long ish. The hill is not too technical and starts off very slow but about half way down you are hitting 40 and just keep accelerating. No braking required.
There are a couple of films from our weekend. One filmed by Will Stephenson on his luge and one by Steve Thomas in his C2 soapbox. Steven's soapbox is largely made of carbon composites, even the wheels. It was the fastest soapbox hitting 62mph I think.
I think we had 10 runs over 2 days and I won the gravity bike category with my other green bike getting second, so could not be more happy. Even if I had not won it would still have been a great weekend with a lot of like minded friendly people who were all out to just have fun.
A big thanks has to go to Andy Ash for organising the soapbox event and letting the bikes join in. The bikes certainly got a lot of attension and it has done our sport a lot of good. We have been invited to race in Scotland next year and 2008/9 world champion Brett Phillips wants to come and take us on. More to come in 2012.
If anyone wants to see more gravity bike photos etc there are lots on my facebook page. All the best,
Dan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts