Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts
There gonna get him....one way or the other. Sad.

·
889 Posts
I've said it before, and I'll say it again... regardless of what people may think of that man, there is no denying that he's brought more attention to cycling and the fight against cancer than anyone else has. I'm sick of "them" trying to pin something on him. I agree, leave him alone already!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Agreed. Leave him be.

This is not a live and let live society.

This is a live and whine and take from everyone else and complain when someone is doing better than you society.

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,201 Posts
Armstrong is still the biggest name in cycling. Of course he must be guilty of something! Nevermind that the alleged cheating took place years ago, and that the man has since retired from competition. This case is crap. I would REALLY like to know why my tax dollars are being spent on a witch-hunt to persecute a retired athlete...or, for that matter, why we need the organization making the accusations.

Let pro sports handle its own business. There is no reason for the gov't to be involved. Even if Armstrong was doping, the time to nail him was when he was actively doing it - assuming he was. Who did he piss off to bring this miscarriage of legal process into existence? I've thought from the start that someone decided to take his titles, likely in order to make a name for themselves in the doing. This was never about him actually doping. It's about the career(s) and stature of those trying to wipe out his career accomplishments.

I generally don't follow or care about any pro sport, but even I know of Armstrong, and can unequivocally say that my respect for him has only grown as a result of this farce. His titles remain his in my mind, regardless of any shenanigans by idiots trying to have them taken away.

That said, it will be a sad day for all pro cyclists if the idiots succeed. May Armstrong triumph, and in so doing, bring the full truth of this organization and its actions into the bright light of public scrutiny. I would argue that we as a nation have a plethora of far more critical problems than whether a retired athlete may have doped years and years ago. This is silly, and it harms both the sport and the credibility of the group bringing the charges.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Let me state that I am a Lance supporter and feel the evidence against him is very weak. Reminder of the hearsey trials in Salem many years ago.

Now with that said the reason why the Federal Goverment is not letting this go has nothing to with sports. It is based on fraud. If Lance is proven to have cheated while riding for the Postal Service he and his team have defrauded the American Goverment of millions of dollars. The postal service was recieving very heavy subsides from the US goverment during the time they were invested in Lances team. So in their point of view he was using goverment funds fraudulantly.

He very well may be screwed. The money that the goverment is spending on this case would have been spent anyways paying the salaries of the people working on it. This is a matter of principal.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Lance should be held accountable for his actions. He is not above the law. His lawsuit was totally bogus and justly dismissed.

Is this thread a condemnation of this ruling? How does "leave him alone" apply to a judgement of a case that HE INITIATED?

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
What physical evidence do they have? No failed test that I am aware of.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
How do you prove autologous blood doping? It's normal for people to have blood in them. Also testosterone. He's admitted to doping, in a phone call to Lemond. Many teammates have witnessed his cheating. Two doctors and a trainer banned for life for their involvement in the USPS doping scheme.

·
600 Posts
How do you prove autologous blood doping? It's normal for people to have blood in them. Also testosterone. He's admitted to doping, in a phone call to Lemond. Many teammates have witnessed his cheating. Two doctors and a trainer banned for life for their involvement in the USPS doping scheme.

Can you reference a website/article? I haven't followed his story that closely, and I would like to see where he did admit to doping.

·
Two skinny J's
21,348 Posts

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
As long as you keep the hemocrit under 52% and the vitamin T under a certain bench mark, YOU WILL PASS THE TESTS. Not a fail, a pass. Get it? Adding hormones and/or your own blood cannot be proved because these substances are normally present in your body.

Landis probably had a transfusion of blood that was harvested when he was training with huge amounts of T. So it remained in the blood. A mistake. He failed the test.

Hamilton had a transfusion from the wrong person. Maybe he ran out of he own stored blood and tried to get away with a homologous transfusion. A mistake. He failed.

Armstrong is clearly a cheat. An admitted cheat if you believe Greg Lemond and the many witnesses. He cheated well. He did not make a mistake. He passed all the tests.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts