313 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
:eek: Not again....

·
Registered
927 Posts
All the cycling forums have atleast 14 of these threads.

Who cares.

to each his own.

I'm an adult male Mountain Biker = no shaving of the legs here.
but that doesn't mean there aren't others out there that do - I'm okay with that.

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Yup, never really was a Wookie to start with, and a lot of the 'grass' has been chafed away -- just makes the occasional shave easier.

What can I say, I'm too lazy to keep up with it anymore.

(SERIOUSLY -- I AM LAZIER THESE DAYS -- decided last fall that 50-mile rides were gonna be about my limit for the future.)

·
Banned
613 Posts
Tried shaving my legs ... once.
Never again!
I'm blond, but very hairy ... full chest, back and shoulders.
I also suffer from dry skin, especially during the Winter.

Rather than trying to rub lotion, or sunscreen onto 1 1/2" leg hair I trim down my legs, and arms, with clippers ... bypasses most of the razor pains-problems.
I keeped trimmed with the trimmer attachment on my Remington razor.

·
889 Posts
I shave in the summer but let the insulation grow for the winter.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
What rule deals with this???
Interesting question. I"m not a huge fan of "the rules", but I've often thought that the most often used (and abused) rule of HTFU would seem to contradict the main reasons asserted for shaving: (1) that a leg massage could hurt if your leg hairs got pulled, and (2) that road rash would be more difficult to deal with.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Interesting question. I"m not a huge fan of "the rules", but I've often thought that the most often used (and abused) rule of HTFU would seem to contradict the main reasons asserted for shaving: (1) that a leg massage could hurt if your leg hairs got pulled, and (2) that road rash would be more difficult to deal with.
The irony on that is that the nurses that I've talked with have all said that shaving one's leg for "health" reasons i.e. dealing with road rash actually produces counter results. As the hair on our legs actually serve to help keep debris/bacteria OUT of our wounds.

·
Rat Biker
432 Posts
LOL semi Wookie here don't ever plan to shave my legs
Though gotta love how this always comes up

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,504 Posts
No shaved legs for me -- but I break several roadie fashion rules, such as wearing MTB baggies or gym shorts with bicycle liner shorts, etc. I've even been known to wear my MTB helmet while on my road bike sometimes! :eek:
GASP! Get 'em!!!

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,504 Posts
The rules and regulations have been laid down in countless other places but we can go over it again;

If you race and shave you are OK.
If you shave and don't race you are a twatwaffle.

/thread

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
The rules and regulations have been laid down in countless other places but we can go over it again;

If you race and shave you are OK.
If you shave and don't race you are a twatwaffle.

/thread
LMAO I love that word and your use of it is so eloquent. Again I say that word just rolls off the tounge!

TWATWAFFLE :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts