let me introduce myself!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sorbut, Apr 1, 2011.

1. sorbut

sorbut New Member

Thought I'd get into this by starting this post.

Came here via a search. I do another forum, but wanted to see what else is out there.

I'm a misplaced Buckeye living in the UP of MI. I work in Green Bay, WI. as a nurse, mostly in a geriatric setting. I do enjoy the "senior set".

I'm an unwed father of a fine, soon to be, 15 year old boy. I make no secret of how proud I am of him. :love:

Likewise, it is no secret of how difficult the court :hate: and his mother have made being able to spend reasonable, uninterrupted time as that father. I look forward to the time when I can visit this area without the disdain for the system as it currently exists. You would not believe what I've had to endure over those last 15 years. Enough of that.

I like to travel, often taking a bike with me. I enjoy exploring new places to ride. This spring or early summer, I hope to ride along the Mississippi River on the west border of WI. Route 35 offers many views of the river with places for camping. I prefer rural riding, though do get to Chicago and enjoy my rides there. I prefer road, but do some MTN.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Welcome to TwoSpoke. Great to have you here! I really like your screen-name.

3. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

welcome, to the forum... we are glad to hear from you.
    family is special, glad you love your boy....
    bike vacations are the best kind

4. Hazy

Hazy Well-Known Member

"I'm a misplaced Buckeye living in the UP of MI."

Bet they just Love you huh??:D

Anyway, welcome to the board.

5. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I don't care what kind of eye you are, as long as you don't disturb my shuteye. HI from the Swamps

6. Garilia

Garilia New Member

You live in the UP of MI and work in Green Bay, WI, how far is your commute?

7. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Man...another welcome I missed, so WELCOME!! The only 3 things I know about WI are cheese, Harly's and Dresser Waukesha

8. Garilia

Garilia New Member

but this welcome thread is in the wrong place for a welcome!

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome sir! There are other forums? Do they have punch? We have punch.

We don't really but that would be cool.

10. sorbut

sorbut New Member

Thanks for the kind words. Hope to be able to make some sort of contribution to twospoke. :thumbsup:

:D
    Yea right. I wish it was over football or something like that. It's more along the lines of my desire to be viewed and treated as a parent, not an after-thought. :mad:

It's almost 4 hours, one way! I don't drive it every day, I'll work as much as I can over a stretch of days. Doubles...no problem; back-to-back...that's ok too. I do take periods of time off. It works for me.

I noticed the "introductions" section shortly after making this...my first post. I wondered how long it would take for someone to point that out. I'll learn my way around the site.

Not sure what "punch" is? It's a good forum and I've met several in person and rode with them. I've learned a lot. After a time, one learns who knows what they are talking about. Several come to mind as knowing more about bikes than I ever will.

However, I become disappointed when "certain elements" creep into the threads. For me, it takes something away from why I go there.

As for the screen name; I got lucky. I like it too! As someone described it once, it's apropos. I hope to be able to add some photos and do the bike registry. I can be tech challenged at times.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011