♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
We'll start with Mrs. HandsomeRyan's Bike, a 2008 Scott hybrid:

And a few of mine...

The (now defunct) Danger Cart I welded:

My 2008 Raleigh Detour Deluxe, the Cadillac of hybrids:

Motobecane Messenger as a Fixed Gear:

And now the Messenger with an IGH hub, seven speeds:

I also have a Felt Q720 hardtail mountain bike but I can't find any pictures of it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
this isn't quite complete but i am really excited about finishing it next week and can't resist posting a pic.
it just needs a cassette and bar tape. it's going to weigh in at just 8.5kg before pedals- not bad for a bike built around a 16 year old steel frame with only the tiniest traces of carbon components!
i'll post all the details and some quality pics when it's done.

Attachments

·
Group rookie
392 Posts
My Craigslist Score - 2000 KHS Flite 300

The bike at home:

The Sigma 506 computer:

Bontrager Select-K 700x25c tires with Kevlar for puncture resistance:

Shimano SORA crankset and SPD clipless pedals:

Mavic CXP11 rims with Shimano quick-release hubs:

The guy who sold it to me even threw in a spare tube and mailed me the manual for the computer, I also found a copy on the 'net last night and downloaded it.

I have since replaced the SPD pedals with a pair of Look pedals that I sniped on eBay, which came with a matching pair of red (floating) cleats. I later sniped a pair of Shimano shoes in a separate auction. A few weeks ago, I also ended up replacing the 700x25 tires with a pair of 700x23 tires, still sticking with the Bontrager Select-K Kevlar-lined tires, a must since there's a landfill down the road from me, with a lot of broken glass nearby on the side of the road.

Photos of the Look pedals - I took these with my phone, so pardon the low quality please.... :cool:

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
Very nice find.

All of the following pictures are also in my gallery.

I got a find on craigslist as well, just picked it up today -

needs new tires, which I just bought off of Amazon tonight, and that should be all for testing its condition, at least.

also, my Trek in pictures, finally:

sorry for the GIGANTIC post.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The first picture is my new Gary Fisher Zambrano that I purchased back in August. The second pic is my '92 Schwinn Frontier that I bought new back in the day. It sat in the outdoor shed for the last ten years while I got older and fatter. I decided a few weeks ago to get it out and fix it up. Suprisingly it was not in to bad a shape, new tubes and tires, some lube and adjusting and derusting of the wheels and assorted other pieces it rides great.

41 - 60 of 188 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.