Two Spoke Forums banner

881 - 900 of 1147 Posts

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Sorry I typed Elviejo but auto spell changed it to Elvis. You are both sneaky!!!

And by the way no one but me will ever know the location of these two Stallions. I have a little kissing a$$ to do before I can begin to think about mounting them.

Did I mention one is Bianchi Blue and the other is Red?

Sent from my iPhone using Bike Forum

·
Noob Rider...
338 Posts
Here is a pic of my New 2014 Trek Domane 6 Series Project One Dura Ace, and my Wife's new 2014 Domane 5.2 WSD Ultegra.

Here is the story about my upgrade from the Domane 5.9 posted earlier to this bike...

Last winter I purchased a new Trek Domane 5.9 Dura Ace, at the last service they noticed that the cable bushing on the head tube was loose and the paint chipped as a result. The LBS sent the frame and fork back to Trek to inspect and repair and repaint it. It came back, was still loose, so Trek sent a complete new bike to replace mine. Well,..... As soon a they started assembling it, they noticed the bushing was loose in the carbon and it would eventually repeat....

So a call was made to Trek, they discovered a problem with a few more of the 5 series frames that they had in stock.... SO..... Trek sent a NEW Domane 6 Series Project One frame and fork in the color of my choice. I loved my 5 series matte black, so I the 6 series project one, I chose the two tone matte black / dnister black.

Now I have a new Domane 6.9 Dura Ace, a $2,000 upgrade just because Trek wanted me to be happy. I love Trek, and Sunnyside Bicycles for taking care of this. Sunnyside has a loyal customer for life, and I will never buy another roadie, except from Trek.

The new bike for my Wife, she hasn't seen yet. Her birthday is tomorrow, and we are riding the California Classic on the 17th, she will see it then... She will be surprised.

Attachments

·
Kstate Gal
399 Posts
Here is a pic of my New 2014 Trek Domane 6 Series Project One Dura Ace, and my Wife's new 2014 Domane 5.2 WSD Ultegra.

Here is the story about my upgrade from the Domane 5.9 posted earlier to this bike...

Last winter I purchased a new Trek Domane 5.9 Dura Ace, at the last service they noticed that the cable bushing on the head tube was loose and the paint chipped as a result. The LBS sent the frame and fork back to Trek to inspect and repair and repaint it. It came back, was still loose, so Trek sent a complete new bike to replace mine. Well,..... As soon a they started assembling it, they noticed the bushing was loose in the carbon and it would eventually repeat....

So a call was made to Trek, they discovered a problem with a few more of the 5 series frames that they had in stock.... SO..... Trek sent a NEW Domane 6 Series Project One frame and fork in the color of my choice. I loved my 5 series matte black, so I the 6 series project one, I chose the two tone matte black / dnister black.

Now I have a new Domane 6.9 Dura Ace, a $2,000 upgrade just because Trek wanted me to be happy. I love Trek, and Sunnyside Bicycles for taking care of this. Sunnyside has a loyal customer for life, and I will never buy another roadie, except from Trek.

The new bike for my Wife, she hasn't seen yet. Her birthday is tomorrow, and we are riding the California Classic on the 17th, she will see it then... She will be surprised.
That's awesome! Congrats and get rolling!!

·
Two "Slow" Spoke
3,445 Posts
Very nice! Did you just buy it?

·
Premium Member
6,986 Posts
Great looking bike. I don't know much about the DeRosa bikes but it looks sweet. Nice set up with the Di2s. 2 Flats seems odd. I was experiencing a high number of flats recently and had to replace my rim tape to one with a sticky side as it kept moving around and exposing the nipple holes in the rim. Since then no flats! My Mavic rims came with strips with no sticky side and they were moving around a good bit. Maybe you are having the same issue. Looks like you are running Fulcrums. Not sure what they have but it was money well spent for me.

Good luck with the new ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Cheers fpl1 i have 5 days out no issues and than the last 2 flat was odd checked my rim and tyres and it looks fine.have vittoria corsa xc on it and review is good and the grip is great A bit of a pain to remove.I placed a tyre liner yesterday and will replace the tubes with a better one. lets hope it does the trick

·
19 Posts
Before and after of my first build, a 2007 CR-1 Team. I used a mix of Force and Rival, with an Ultegra 12-30T cassette to help with the hills. After 6 hours and 150 miles, I'm very happy. Now I need to work on it's motor :D!

·
Two "Slow" Spoke
3,445 Posts
^ Very nice cxspeed! Is that a cross bike? Who makes the frame? The rear triangle is very unique looking.

881 - 900 of 1147 Posts