1101 - 1120 of 1147 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,192 Posts
Reactions: John_V and fpl1

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
Pretty interesting. Guess they are trying to match garmin product for product. I’ve like my element bolt head unit. Made that switch this summer too.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
They also got smart and decided to use some of Garmin's products. This is from their firmware update page. Don't know of anyone who has used a Bolt with a Varia but according to their support page, it works the same on the Bolt as it does on any of the Garmins.

BOLT WB15-5027 - 26 August, 2019
  • Added: Support for ANT+ radar sensors

·
Maturity Challenged
1,140 Posts
^^^ Best guess, 1986 because of the downtube shifters and derailleur.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Handles good. I would say quick, reponsive. Feels fast. I was under the impression that Bianchi reserves this color for their high end bikes. Actually this color is used on racing bikes. This was an entry level racer. In 1993 it retailed for $680. So it's nothing fancy. Shimano RX100 gruppo. The seven speed indexed shifting works flawlessly, sure and solid. Braking is good. I'm still getting used to it, only 161 miles so far. I'm not totally confident to throw it into corners at speed yet. Previous owner put a Surly fork on it, I think so he could use a treadless headset. (No evidence of front end collision which is often the reason for fork replacement). The fork seems well matched to the frame. It has a 1 inch steerer.

1101 - 1120 of 1147 Posts