Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a video of my day and night time use commuter.
I still have in the mail yet to arrive from nashbar, a set of bar ends, another bottle cage, 2 "clif shot"water bottles,and a set of sigma sport micro lights for daytime use.

I think my front headlights are complete and are a total of 234 lumens,but I am ordering 2 knog boomers for the rear to add to the blackburn mars 3.0.
This video was shot with no light on the camera,but I have reflective sidewall tires,DOT reflectors,and 3M tape that really pops under light.
I will update videos when the stuff I mentioned,the new lights and I get the new boomers(Have you seen those things?Very nice!!!)but this is what I have going on so far...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-R7FHQzck"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II-R7FHQzck[/ame]

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I running a Boomer and an Exposure Flare on the rear. Did you get the rechargeable Boomers? I did not, but wish I had. Though, I am getting really good battery life from the AAAs.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Time to stop messing around and just get some of these...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMf_s_YBPMo]YouTube - ‪Wheel Lights for Bicycle, Scooter, Motorbike, Car‬‏[/ame]

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^^Thats pretty hot Nigal....Thought about getting some tireflys.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
I take it you do a lot of commuting in the dark?

·
tall old member
1,322 Posts
I liked the music in that video. I need to rig my bike up to play music like that. I always went slow at night because I didn't have a bright enough headlight. I finally bought a light that is bright enough really light up the highway. I was cruising home from work at 11:30pm going down a hill at about 25mph. I could see the road was clear far ahead, then I was broadsided by three deer that jumped off the bank right into the front wheel of my bike. I need to play that music so they can hear me coming. I ended up with bloody face, road rash and bruises everywhere and a broken clavicle and scapula. I'm still off work recovering from that incident.:eek:

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I liked the music in that video. I need to rig my bike up to play music like that. I always went slow at night because I didn't have a bright enough headlight. I finally bought a light that is bright enough really light up the highway. I was cruising home from work at 11:30pm going down a hill at about 25mph. I could see the road was clear far ahead, then I was broadsided by three deer that jumped off the bank right into the front wheel of my bike. I need to play that music so they can hear me coming. I ended up with bloody face, road rash and bruises everywhere and a broken clavicle and scapula. I'm still off work recovering from that incident.:eek:
Damn man! You alright? That would really suck,kind of makes me re-think the whole riding at night thing,especially where I live in NC its not uncommon to see deer or even bear...although I have personally never seen one,reports are not uncommon.

·
tall old member
1,322 Posts
The only time I was chased by a bear was when I was working dayturn two years ago. Coming home from work in broad daylight at 3:30 in the afternoon. I saw a big blackbear sitting in the grass at the edge of a cornfield. As I was pedaling past it I reached for my phone to take a picture but before I could get my phone out of my jersey pocket the bear saw me and got up and took off after me. I about crapped, I knew bears are fast and could outrun me (I was still going up a grade, had just climbed the steep part). Not knowing what else to do I kept pedaling while I prayed. A semi was coming down the road toward me and saw what was going on, he got his truck between me and the bear and I kept going and got away.

·
one eyed member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well just got back from a ride,took some pics and thought I would share.Hope you enjoy!!! P.S. After the ride met up with a guy that does bike repairs outta his home and got my front derailliur fixed/adjusted and bought some new toe clip pedals that I havent used yet,but look SHH-UH-WEET!!!
June 22, 2011.1st ride in 5 days,been too sick to run or ride. | Facebook

1 - 12 of 12 Posts