Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am looking for some lights that say HERE I AM....PLEASE DON'T RUN OVER ME WHILE YOU TEXT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!!
Obviously, I am speaking about road riding. I need flashing lights for day use that will draw attention to me. I am a solo rider 99% of the time.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
And describe your riding environment - is it kinda dark neighborhoods, surface streets 40 MPH and under, or do you venture out into really busy, well lit areas?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For "be seen" flashing, to me it seems hard to beat the Planet Bike Superflash taillight, and the Planet Bike Blaze Headlight (I think the 1 Watt is bright enough in daytime, but they have a 2 Watt now also). Other taillights: Bontrager Flare and Blackburn Mars (3.0 or 4.0). That said, for a super economical choice I bought 2 of these sets for my kids bikes (as "be seen" lights when we get caught out at dusk) and honestly they are surprisingly bright: Ascent Commuter Light Set

·
Registered
7,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Riding environment= 25mph city/town streets to 55mph back county two lane roads.
Price doesn't matter, if they do the job.

Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Riding environment= 25mph city/town streets to 55mph back county two lane roads.
Price doesn't matter, if they do the job.

Thanks everyone.
Check out Exposure Lights I'm running the Strada. It has 645 lumens and still gives 3 hours burn time on high. Perfect for my morning training rides. It has a wider pattern more specific to road riding, and even in speeds around the mid-40s, I never felt I was going to outrun the light. The port on the back of the unit allows you to run a taillight off the main light battery or allows use of their dimmer switch. The switch is a little button that mounts on your bars so you don't have to move your hand to dim your lights.

You can see a review of my older Strada here: http://www.twospoke.com/forum/f87/exposure-lights-4812/index2.html#post34183 Due to an issue with this light, I have since been upgraded to the newer model with the higher output.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
I'm picking up a NiteRider 600 next week, will let you know how it goes.

I currently run a Blackburn Flea USB headlight and on my commuter and the tail light on my daughter's trailer. Good lights and cheap to boot.

I also use a PDW Danger Zone and Planet Bike tail light on the road bike for night rides. PDW is awesome!

Xela listed excellent choices, I have zero experience with them but from what I see, they look amazing.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Forgot I took this one. Exposure Strada (older 480 lumen model) on the front and Flare (upper light) on the rear. I really like how the Flare projects lots of light to the sides as well. Keep in mind, this photo was taken with my phone's camera, which doesn't do well in low light.

·
Registered
461 Posts
id add LED strips also...ive added red to my huffy marathon, and green to my schwinn beater. makes it easier to be seen! used a 8 cell aa holder and a small switch from RS! 8x1.5v =12v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts