Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just read a thread where the poster called someone a "Fred". Fairly new to this sport so thought I would ask what that term means. I'm quite sure it is NOT a flattering term just curious as to the meaning.

Thanks,

Hazy

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
Oh and Welcome Hazy!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rola. Hope I can grow out of my "Fred" Stage soon :eek:

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
I think Hack just took a shot at me :)

·
spin... spin.. spin
1,616 Posts
back home being a Fred or a Doris is to me almost a compliment... meaning you ride for the love of riding and have not necessarily bought into having to have the fanciest race bikes and gear. when i was little the big riders would sweep through our town throwing used water bottles and nutrition bar wrappers out as they spun up the road. then a group of local "Freds" would set out on there bikes an pedal along picking up the trash.

in the US i believe it is not such a good thing...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Being a Fred myself, I don't particularly find it insulting and if you KNOW you are a Fred and embrace it, no one really much cares. Most Fred's that can do that are good people and can be a real delight to be around.

The Fred's that are REALLY ANNOYING are the Fred's that don't know they are Fred's.

·
Registered
625 Posts
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGZenzfg3A0]YouTube - Screaming Blue Messiahs 'I Wanna Be A Flintstone'[/ame]

·
Rat Biker
442 Posts
Ha now that made me laugh I am so a Fred then LOL. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts