Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change the gearing on my Litespeed Tuscany. I'm a spinner on climbs. Searched the forum and it looks like going to a triple crankset would be too expensive. I have Ultegra CS-6600 175mm crank, 39/53 chainrings, 12-25 cassette. Would like to go to 34/50 compact crankset, 12-27 cassette. my questions are:

1. With these two changes, are there any other parts that would need to be changed out?
2. Do I have to buy a new crankset or can I just buy 34 and 50 tooth chainrings?
3. I couldn't find many CS-6600 parts out there. Any reason I couldn't use CS-6700?

Thanks for any help you can provide. Bill

·
retromike3
274 Posts
I went lower

What I did was to go with an even lower drive set up than a compact. I had a old campy grand sport crank that had a 35 52 but I was still having trouble on my hill climb ride. I went lower to a 22-32-46 and then to get some top end I swapped out my rear cassette from a 12-26 to a 11-32. Lucky for me I got the crank pretty cheep on ebay a few years ago, but I did go and buy a 46 chainring that cost me more than I paid for the crank.

the good news is that I don't have to drop it into my bailout 22 to get up the hardest part of the climb the bad news is that I slowly pealing all of my campy stuff off my bike.

mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts