Longest Ride?

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by Doc, May 26, 2009.

1. Doc

Doc Guest

What is the longest ride you have been on in a 24 hour period?

2. stranger_01

stranger_01 Guest

Longest ride I've been on was about 2 1/2 hours long. That's a pretty good stretch for me, especially as I'm getting in my old age.

3. Doc

Doc Guest

What kind of mileage did you record for that trip?

4. dtadpole

dtadpole Guest

So far, its been 100 miles in 6 hours 34 mins.
    How bought you doc?

5. Doc

Doc Guest

Well I prefer the mountain stuff so my rides havent been that long as far as mileage goes but are long as far as hours.

6. Conway.T

Conway.T Guest

I understand that, bro!

7. chefmike

chefmike New Member

50 miles for me. I was surprised at how easy it went by. It was a loop in Asheville NC... with a climb to the blueridge parkway: incredible day.

8. JostRider

JostRider New Member

So far this year (since Jan 1, 2009) my longest single ride is 251 miles. with breaks for lunch, stretching, eating more, applying sunscreen, eating more..... It took 22 hours 01 minute. Longest rider ever.... 2003 375 miles (600 kilometers) in 36 hours with lots of eating and a few hours of rest. Keep those pedals turning.

9. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

I'm a MTB guy, but the longest so far has been 38 miles, and it was TOUGH!! LOL!!

10. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

On the road, on a road bike, I'd say around 60-65 miles. I don't remember how long it took, but it was in the mountains around Frederick, MD and there was climbing-o-plenty.

My longest ride overall was 100 miles at the Shenandoah Mountain 100 which included a bit of road but was mostly fire road climbs and singletrack descents. That took me a grueling 15 hours to finish and included 14,000 feet of climbing.

11. ultraultra

ultraultra Guest

On a BMX style bike probably 10 to 15 miles through hilly trails full of random jumps and bumps (this track was 5 miles long in Houston along cypress creek)

12. ntomczek

ntomczek Guest

Longest Ride

Currently my longest is only 45 miles (road) in about 3 hours.

Next year I plan on riding STP (Seattle to Portland) a ride put on by the Cascade Cycle club. Total trip is 202 miles in 1 day with an option to do 101 miles over 2 days.

13. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Austin to San Marcos and back which is roughly 60 miles.

14. dowawoo

dowawoo New Member

I have rode 100 a few times, best time is 6hr 15 min, 62 alot, when ever I feel the need, this year I turn 60 so for the bday will do another 100...

15. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

i left for Fla. from Charlottesville,Va. on oct.1st 2007.took off at exactly 8am and by5:30 that afternoon i had covered 142 miles!! i was pumped and ready to start my ride.those miles dident last for the rest of the trip though!and that was pulling my Yak big tow and 45 pounds of gear!! ride on

16. BigDumbBear

BigDumbBear New Member

Just got back from my longest ride so far. I bested my longest ride by 21 miles and averaged 2mph faster. That adds up to 48 miles in less than 3 hours. I have never understood cramping in the legs till today. My legs completely locked on one of the longer hills towards the end. I just had to fall over in the road for 5 minutes before I could stand again. Sooo much pain. Such a good ride. I've been riding with skinny kids that are on cycling teams. I don't think I slowed them down too much.

17. Oddwon

Oddwon New Member

My longest ride was 252 miles on a single speed road bike. That was back in 2004 I plan on doing it again this year. check it out! Cochise County Cycling Classic

18. cycleonron

cycleonron New Member

For my 50th birthday (4 years ago) I rode 200 miles in one day. The entire ride from start to finish took 17.5 hours with 15.5 of those hours actually pedaling. 140 miles were solo. 60 miles were inconjunction with the Minds In Motion bike tour out of Onalaska, WI. My HRM calculated 16,700 calories burnt. The high temp for the day was mid 90s. It was quite an epic adventure.

19. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

86 miles in a little over 5 hours. In the interest of full disclosure, it was total ride time...I did take a few breaks here and there.

20. Roadrunner

Roadrunner New Member

50 miles is the longest I've done. I must admit I was very tired and a bit saddle sore after it.