Look 566 Owners?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Weav, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

I have the 566 and love it. Can't wait to upgrade the wheels and change out to the tire setup I want to use. Soon as my stock tires wear out, which might be awhile I want to try the Vittoria Open Corso EVO CX tires along with Neuvation wheels.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I've got two in my garage, unlocked. Want the address? ;)

3. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

I have a KG451 with Dura Ace 7800 and Mavic Ksyrium SSC SL. I will post some pics later. I've been riding it for 2 seasons now and I love this bike!
    I am in the process of building up a KG381 that I'd really like to learn more about. I bought the frame/fork from France on ebay from a seller who doesn't understand English and my French is limited to say the least. It is painted and badged with the Crédit Agricole colors and logos just like the ones used by the team in 2003-2004. I thought I might get more info from LOOK by sending them the serial number but when checking the BB shell there is no "number" per se. Stamped into the shell is: P A TOUR 4 I am guessing that this is an authentic team bike which I think is cool because I'm a fan of pro biking and especially (besides Lance) Tor Hushovd who rode LOOKs for Crédit Agricole for many years. I'll be posting some pics of the project soon.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  4. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

Upgraded the wheels this summer as well as the saddle. I spinning some Dura Ace 7850 SL hoops and going tubeless. They are great wheels and very comfortable at 95 psi with the Fusion 3 tires. The best thing about them though are the hubs. Those Dura Ace hubs are hard to beat. They spin up like nothing else and keep spinning and spinning and spinning to the point that when I freewheel I have to be careful if I'm on someones tire because I keep gaining on them. My saddle is a Cobb V-Flow Plus, very happy with it.

5. gs46

gs46 Pedaling Old Man

MAN, thats a great LOOKing (566) bike....wouldn't mind spinning it for a few miles...

6. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

I am riding on Ultegra /vuelta wheels. Smooth as glass. No maintenance at all to the hubs. The low spoke count (flat bladed spokes)makes them a bit...fragile, though.
    I had to go and buy myself a wheel truing stand to keep them round.

If I were a...big guy(heavy), these wheels would be a bit inadequate, I think.

I have heard BAD things about the Dura Ace sti shifters... that is why i went with Ultegra.

7. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

The Dura Ace shifters are some of the best on the market, whoever told you that I'd be a little suspect. I'm running SRAM Rival shifters, not that it makes any difference with the wheels.

8. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Dura Ace-
    I have heard and read several reports of the nylon(???) cogs inside the Dura Ace sti's wearing out VERY quickly to the point of un reliable shifting. it is happening on fairly new bikes too- with less than 3500 miles on them.
    I stayed away from Dura Ace for that and the shear cost of the stuff.

9. Weav

Weav GiddyUp

Understandable, first I've heard of it though. The cost of Dura Ace vs. Ultegra is an easy choice. A little more weight but lighter on the pocketbook for about the exact same performance.