Lookin for Some Advice

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by HippieCommuter, Aug 25, 2009.

1. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

2. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I don't know anything about that light. I searched for reviews, but didn't find any. For 20 bucks, it's kinda hard to go wrong.

Here is a list of all reviewed lights on mtbr:
    Lights Reviews

3. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

i have used on of these before. They are okay, pretty on par with a $20 light. What are you planning on using it for?

4. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

Well i just inner-city commute so mostly to be seen rather than see, if that makes sense, considering i am around lots of street lights.

5. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

Thank you! you have been helpful

6. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

You would be fine with that light then. A lot of the bike shops have lights like this out on display so you can see how bright they are too.

7. HippieCommuter

HippieCommuter Guest

ok Sweet! and actually a friend of mine suggested this light and i just got to see it on his bike and it seems pretty solid

8. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Sounds good. Hope you like it.

9. chh55

chh55 Drink plenty of water!!!

On ebay you can choose from several similar LED lights from dealers in China. I've used a few on my city bikes and they work great, battery time is very long. The front lights will give a bit of road illumination but they're main purpose is to make you seen. Here in Europe we also have very small key chain sized white and red LED units that can be attached with an elastic loop. I tie a white one in the spokes of my front wheel and a red one in the back wheel. This gives a lightshow to motorists approaching from either side that is impossible to ignore. These little units are extremely cheap... I suppose they must be available there too.

10. bktourer1

bktourer1 New Member

Its ok for a "to be seen" light but don't expect it to light uo the road. Its ok for a backup headlight

11. Cookiemonster

Cookiemonster New Member

I found a lot of diferent stuff for the backlight on this website Twenga - US Price comparison site, shopping guides, user reviews, coupons, they hav tons of stuff from different websites etc..
    And for the lights you have to be carefull, i know that this side of the pond (aka Europe) there are special regulations for the backlights.. I'm not sure how it works in the States, but here theyre kind of a pain in the arse :)