Looking at a Giant Boulder SE

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by RUNIT, Jan 5, 2010.

1. RUNIT

RUNIT Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This bike is listed at $380 on the site.

Any other bikes that are better for me in this price range?

I'm 6'2" 160lbs.

I have a cheap Mongoose full-suspension MTB that I hate the brakes, shocks, derailer...

I need a good solid bike that can take me to work during the week (2 miles round trip each day) and get me through the trees on the weekends (cleared/ dirt, state park trails)

I might be able to swing $450, but that would be the max.

Any thoughts??? Thanks!

2. RUNIT

RUNIT Guest

or maybe...

a Specialized Hardrock sport??

[​IMG]

3. RUNIT

RUNIT Guest

I only ask to get names of other good options before I buy. I'm not the type of person that wants you to tell me what to buy before a test ride and fit. I'm just too new at bikes to know what is good(if that is possible??) in this price range.

I want to learn from others mistakes....or successes. So if anyone has one of these bikes or knows of a better option as far as part availability, customer service, long term durability of a certain brand...Thanks again.

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Do you plan to use the bike as a daily commuter more often then not or just on rare occasion ride to work?

5. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Get the Giant, looks dependable to me. The frame appears to be upgrade-worthy (to a point, of course, no XTR or X.0), in case you catch the FEVER!

6. Sickmont

Sickmont Member

I say go check them both out(the Giant and the Specialized) and see which one feels better to you.