Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently started cycling outdoors and now that it is cold, I want to buy a good indoor cycling bike. There are so many out there and there are no recommendations. What do you recommend? I want good quality, progressive tension (so my husband can use it), and simulated outdoor biking experience. I would appreciate any and all help.:p

3SONS4C

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
A couple months ago, thinking about the coming winter I started looking at a spin bike (or similar trainer) to get me through the cold months. To me it seemed like anything less than a gym quality machine had as many bad reviews as good. One machine that did get great reviews on, but was way out of my budget was a Motus M-Fusion bike. A couple months ago Amazon had them for around $1300... If I knew without a doubt that I would ride it inside every day without wanting to kill myself I would buy one.

What I decided to do instead was to get a 6 month membership to a health club 3 miles from my house. Their bikes aren't as nice as the one mentioned above, but I can also work on my core using the other equipment there and the membership was only $250. Just another option to think about.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I tried rollers and I would have done serious damage to my body on those things, but fluid and magnetic trainers are a good choice for many if space is not a problem. Just mount the bike you already have on a fluid trainer and you are good to go.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got a Lemond RevMaster spin bike. A good solid unit. Works out of the saddle real well. Comes with neat skate wheels so it's easy to move around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I rode a trainer last winter, got sick of it fast and started riding outside the end of January , which wasn't much fun because of the cold, I got a gym membership and went a few times but a 45m work out was 2x that because of the drive to and from etc.. I bought a spin bike instead and am glad I did, I bought a used Schwinn Johnny spin bike, it's sold and comfortable , I just swapped out the seat and mounted a wired computer for speed etc..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts