looking for a ride

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Bike Forum' started by mom_of_3_ts, Apr 24, 2012.

1. mom_of_3_ts

mom_of_3_ts Senior Member

Any thing that is less than 100 miles and not requireing huge donations? And good for a beginner with out an expensive bike ?? We just want to ride and have a good time :)
    Thanks

2. Poolie

Poolie New Member

Check out active.com. I find many of my rides and 5k's on their site. At least in the Atlanta area, most charity rides offer many mileage levels. One I'm riding in in a couple weeks offers 28, 40, 60 and 100 miles routes... something for everyone! Glad to hear your looking for a ride!

Most of the charity rides (and 5k's) are usually around $25. At least in my area.

3. mom_of_3_ts

mom_of_3_ts Senior Member

The two I've seen here in Boston want $1500 to $3000 in donations plus a registration fee between $50 -$200 and it goes up from there its crazy I can see that if you have a coperate sponsor but I'm doing good to afford the air in my tires lol

4. Grenouille

Grenouille Grenouille

Do the Boston Bikes ride end of September. Tour of Boston, options for 20/30/50 miles. Last I looked they wanted $75 registration, no fundraising minimum.

5. bikenewengland

bikenewengland Bike New England

6. davereo

davereo Well-Known Member Tavern Member

In September the NBW run a fully supported worlds flatest century ride. About 45 bucks They have multiple ride lenghts and the senery is amazing. The route takes you along Mt Hope Bay. the Atlantic shore line and plenty of vinyards and farms.

All rides start and finish at U-Mass Dartmouth. Plenty of parking.

The event is full right now but if you are interested you can check them out Narragansett Bay Wheelman. The ride is ussually booked by May.

I think you are talking about the Pan Mass Challenge with the high donation rates. That was a week ago. A little to rich for my blood.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  7. b_t

b_t New Member

I'm doing the Northampton Bike Fest in September. They have rides ranging from 8 miles up to a Century for all fitness levels. About $25-50 to ride.

http://bikefest.nohobikeclub.org/

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013