loose bottom bracket shell

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by baldheadjenkins, Feb 5, 2010.

1. baldheadjenkins

baldheadjenkins New Member

I have a bianchi carbon frame with a loose bottom bracket shell.Can it be repaired? It only moves about 1/32 of an inch.Wondering if anybody has any remedies,or is it toast?

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Don't know any remedies. My Look 585 did that, too, but I had more play than that. Look warrantied the frameset, and I upgraded to the 595 (it's just a frame hanging on my garage wall now, if you're interested. ;) ).

What year is yours? It looks like 2006 and newer CF Bianchis have a 5 yr warranty.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2010

3. baldheadjenkins

baldheadjenkins New Member

my bianchi is a 2006.I bought it used.I think you have to be the original owner for a warranty.

4. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I got a buddy that works for Zipp up in Indy. I'll try to get ahold of him and see if he has any suggestions, seeing as how they know a thing or two about carbon.

I can't find a definite answer to the warranty transfer question on Bianchi's page, but I did see on another page that it says a copy of the original sales receipt is required. I guess a call to Bianchi couldn't hurt. I've never understood non-transferable warranties.