Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone recommend a good loose fit biking jersey that's not too pricey. I don't mind wearing the tight biking shorts as long as I have a some what long loose jersey to wear with it. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,501 Posts
There are some great jersey deals on Chainlove. I picked up a couple of nice loose fitting Fox jerseys for around 15 bucks each. Problem is, they only have one deal at a time, so you might have to watch the site for a while before one comes up.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
What's weird about jerseys, is that their all made of 100% polyester, so whether you buy a $120 jersey or a $15 one from Walmart or Target they will work the same, unless you need the rear pocket. So save your money from buying expensive jerseys for really nice biking shorts.

Right now due to end of the season closeouts you can get great deals on clothes at: Find Short Sleeve Cycling Jerseys: The Best Men's Cycling Clothing From Performance Bike

Or: Short Sleeve Cycling Jerseys: Warm Weather Bike Jerseys: Nashbar

The problem with most cycling specific jersey's is that their tight fitting, the ones at Walmart and Target are not, though they do sell some that are. I like loose fitting jerseys especially the hotter it is, the looser jersey allows air to bellow between the skin and the cloth making you cooler then a tight fitting one. I posted the above sites just in case you were looking for something a bit different.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Here is my ¢¢
I like the Performance bikes brand Jersey Thay may be the same material but the weave are different from one brand to anouther, that makes a difference to how thay wick away moisture. Rember you are not allways dealing with USA sizes so you might have to order a 2X for a 1X but once you find how that brand fits you will be ok, but if you go to anouther brand the fit might be different. I wear a XXL and in performance brand a XXXL fits lose for me. good luck on your quest.

·
Back in the Saddle
106 Posts
try LL Bean. Nice jerseys (altho pockets are not the normal) and are in "normal" sizes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Really, I just wear a lot of the stuff I had left over from running. It looks pretty much identical save for the rear pockets.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have said I like the performance brand, as for the LL bean a nice jersey for when it gets a little coller my ¢¢ as for the Fila sports performance tee, I like a zipper in fromt it realy help to regulate temp by how much air it lets in, allso my ¢¢, and I find the pockets in the back nice for a hankie in one and some Fig Newtons in the outher.
I am out of change.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I just wear a cape and some pasties when I ride (Sun-burned nipples are the worst!)

I'm kidding of-course.

I've never worn a jersey or wanted to, I don't need pockets, I wear a Hydration pack with storage for all my lickies and chewies.

I wear a loose fitting sports shirt, moisture wicking and comfy.

I have resisted the pull of the colorful spandex nation to comply in order to resemble "a real biker" to just be comfortable and enjoy myself, I'm doing it for me - not to fit-in with the masses.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
I just wear a cape and some pasties when I ride (Sun-burned nipples are the worst!)

I'm kidding of-course.

I've never worn a jersey or wanted to, I don't need pockets, I wear a Hydration pack with storage for all my lickies and chewies.

I wear a loose fitting sports shirt, moisture wicking and comfy.

I have resisted the pull of the colorful spandex nation to comply in order to resemble "a real biker" to just be comfortable and enjoy myself, I'm doing it for me - not to fit-in with the masses.
Wow! I've found my long lost twin brother! Where have you been all these years?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Haha

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Well unless you have cycled with some sort of cycling shorts, not necessarily the form fitting ones, but cargo shorts that are padded are an absolute must when riding an upright bike. You don't necessarily look like you are ready for the Le tour, but you will be amazed at the comfort of the padding in the right places.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I don't wear tight cycling clothes either -- even on my road bike. I do have some loose fitting cycling jerseys now, but also sometimes wear baseball jerseys or t-shirts.

I've got some "baggies" - mountain bike shorts with chamois built in. I've also got some cycling liner shorts (padded underwear) that I wear underneath regular gym shorts in warm weather, and under sweat pants or warm-up pants in the winter.

I've found the pedals still turn and the wheels still move without me being in skin-tight clothing.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
Well unless you have cycled with some sort of cycling shorts, not necessarily the form fitting ones, but cargo shorts that are padded are an absolute must when riding an upright bike. You don't necessarily look like you are ready for the Le tour, but you will be amazed at the comfort of the padding in the right places.
What us rebels are saying is that we don't wear tight fitting jerseys or shorts, there are MTB shorts that obviously have padding that don't have that spandex look.

I save my money on jerseys but spend it on really nice MTB baggy shorts which I only buy on closeout, but I will spend $45 to $65 for a quality $70 to $90 short. Also MTB shorts last longer.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts