Lost my momentum

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by wild, Sep 30, 2009.

1. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

last thursday I rode 62 miles on a spur of the moment ride, friday I rested, sat I rode 10 miles sun I walked 3 miles in the mall it was raining. mon 15 miles, tue 10miles today I wanted to go 20 and at 5 miles I just slowed down then at about 7 miles I started to pick it up but I could not go the 20 I stoped at 11 miles. the legs just don't want to go. :confused: What do I have to do to get back to where I was doing 10s and 20s? I like to ride every day and look foward to geting on the bike, by the way I am allmost 65

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'm about to turn thirty and I can feel it in my bones. I would be lucky right now to do ten let alone twenty miles. I lift weights and I can't max out every day any more. Getting old sucks.

3. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

I will start hitting the wall about thursday. I ride 15 miles at lunch everyday, and by thrusday, I'm really feeling it!! I take a lot of thursdays off, and sometimes friday, but will ride saturday. I'm usually strong as heck, after a day or two off!! If your tired, your body is telling you to let it rest, I'd listen. HTH!!

4. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Yea I guess I am just getting old and my body want's to rest. well I have plenty of time to do that. By the way, I would like to do a 100 next year.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  5. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

That would be great!! I am a MTBer, so a century for me sounds pretty daunting!! The farthest I had ridden on one ride in one day was 42 miles, and it was a tough one!! LOL!! I know an area that I could get a good MTB century in, and my biking buddy and just may have to look into that next year, it kninda sounds cool!! Best of luck with the training, and the century ride!!

6. Biker

Biker New Member

100 Miles on my x'er would be imposible although bouncing around the city as a kid I probably got that accomplished and didn't even notice. There right getting old sucks.

7. COSMTBFAN

COSMTBFAN DAS BOOT!!

While we are on this topic!! I went for my lunch time ride today, and it was brutal!! The wind was hitting me dead in the face at about 15-20 mph, and it was the same time I had to climb hills....AWESOME!! I can assure you that tomorrow is a rest day for me!! I am planning a ride this weekend, so I'm not a complete loser!! LOL!! Happy pedaling guys!!