Lost

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by TxCyclist, Jan 11, 2010.

Tags:
  1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Any other Lost fans?

We rarely get into TV dramas but I saw an episode on ABC.com last year which lead the wife and I to watching all the Seasons.

Very cool show. Lots of religious and philosophical overtures. Can't wait for the final season this year.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Nope, not a big TV person. But we watch Chuck and Dexter, when we remember.

3. TxCyclist

You should give it a try if you have Netflix or stream from your laptop to computer. It's a great show and this coming from someone who hates 99.99% of television shows.

4. Sickmont

Sickmont Member

I prefer to watch PBS, myself. Never understood why Lost has such a huge following though. Tried to watch it a few times, and just couldnt stand it.

5. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Dean, I watched an episode of Lost several years ago when it first started and never got hooked. I am aware of the show, however, and have always wondered if they explain to the viewers how a modern jetliner can go down in this modern world and never be found. Considering satellites and the fact there are no more uninhabited tropical islands or areas on the globe that do not get regular ocean traffic or airplane pass overs. Without some kind of reason for their not being found I simply can't get invested. I know it's just a TV show. But do they try to explain it to viewers?

6. Industry_Hack

Ian, do not watch the movie Armored Car.

7. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Have not heard of it. Is it off the wall stupid?

8. Industry_Hack

"Improbable" is being really kind. Sadly, they had some real talent in the cast, but the script/plot was thinner than wet dunny paper.

9. Industry_Hack

Snatch was a great movie, courtesy of Madonna's ex-wife.

10. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

"Snatch". Madonna had to be in there somewhere.

11. TxCyclist

In a way they explain it but it's complicated. The island can only be accessed by a narrow slot. It has a lot to do with space time bending and physics due to an energy source the island harbors.

They do find the plane crash but it's a staged plane so the World is satisfied.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sometimes you have to suspend reality and go with it. That's what I've been told any how.

13. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

Okay, so they did go into space/time, wormhole, alternate universe stuff to pull it off. I can go with that. Happens all the time. I read all the posts on this forum.

14. TxCyclist

Space/time, physics, energy has been a major part of it from the start. Wasen't like a surprise twist to cover the bases. I don't know how it's going to end but lots of Biblical and Buddhist references throughout the plot. I noticed the promo for the final season shows the characters posed like the Last Supper.

15. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

But it does. Just not here. What do you watch Ian?

16. Industry_Hack

Fawlty Towers.

17. vitapimp

vitapimp New Member

yeah, we got sucked in during season one.

if you liked snatch, watch revolver and layer cake if you haven't seen those. lock stock and two smoking barrels is great as well.

Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. has all 5 seasons right now. you could catch up if you feel like wasting a couple days of your life.

18. Industry_Hack

I own them both. Same movie, different plot. And what's his name (Statham) was much better than in nearly anything he's done since.

19. IanHighfield

IanHighfield New Member

I have a cable connection that allows just about all the US programs along with our UK broadcasts. My favorite UK show is "Globe Trekker" the travel program. Ian Wright hosts some episodes and he strikes me as funny.

I love reruns of Seinfeld and Westerns with Clint Eastwood. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, along with the Outlaw Josey Wales are favorites.

20. Industry_Hack

You've just gone up a notch in my book. Fistful of Dollars.