Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being the owner of a trek 7100 hybrid and wanted new road bike I opted to go low end and get a Legacy Tour De France bike.I know big mistake as this could be considered department store bike. It rides well ,shifts good and looks good. I still have the Trek and use it road and trail.
Looking for any opinions on my purchase .I know I will take a lot of criticism for what I bought . Any comments
Paul

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Gets ya down the road right? Who cares, ride and if and when youn want more get it!

·
1,200 Posts
i ride a cheap bikesdirect.com motobecane road bike and a mountain bike/hybrid from Dicks sporting goods, they've yet to leave me stranded and i enjoy them so i say as long as your happy with your purchase you made a good one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
kneedrachen said:
do you like the bike? Are you enojying yourself?

Who cares. We ride because we ride, not because of what we ride.

Good on ya for being a cyclist!:thumbsup:
qft!

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thank all for your responses. Even the wife tells me Im not riding a price tag.
Keep you all informed on how it goes as far as reliability.
Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
823 Posts
I thank all for your responses. Even the wife tells me Im not riding a price tag.
Keep you all informed on how it goes as far as reliability.
Thanks,
Paul
Just keep it maintained and learn how to ride the crap out of it! Case in point. While climbing a hill w/my low end Specialized Allez during an organized ride I (an old guy) passed a young guy pushing his Cervalo up the hill. Wanted to comment on his $3,000 dollar bike but I thought better of it.

Another time on my commute, I caught up to an older gentleman who had this sweet Orbea only to have it drive me nuts with all the squeaking it was making and I'm sure it wasn't his joints....:D

Keep Pedalin'

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Same here. I had a dumpster dive/garage sale (not sure which, my grandfather flips between the two to acquire as much junk as possible to fill up house and garage) Schwinn for my first bike. Everyone else has the GT chrome BMX bikes. . . They had hard plastic seats and bolt on axles as opposed to my banana seat and skewers. I learned more about bicycle repair on that bike that has served me well even in present times than you can imagine.

It was also nice being able to fix a flat rather than walking home. . .

Even now I ride with people (one has a Specialized Venge, yes, an $18k bike) yet I keep up with them.

It's all about heart, man. Heart meaning the engine that powers the bike and the heart to overcome obstacles like that last hill on my commute home.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts