Lower fork oil

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by powderbock, Jun 5, 2009.

1. powderbock

powderbock Guest

I have a Rock Shok Sid Race fork. Was chekcing the pressures the other day and noticed oil instead of air coming out the bottom air valve when I disconnected the pump. Any idea what could cause this, I believe I have a sealed air system, could a seal have damage to it. Have never noticed this before. Shock was fully serviced less than a year ago along with an end of season recheck in the fall. Have only put 150-200 miles on it since.

thanks for the input.

2. Doc

Doc Guest

You probably have an internal seal that has gone bad, im not too familiar with your specific fork design but im sure somebody around here can better answer your question.

3. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Does it only leak when you disconnect the shock pump or does it leak constantly?Sounds like a bad seal but may not be.

4. powderbock

powderbock Guest

Got this one figured out, tried to relieve air pressure without turning the bike upsidedown, oops.

5. vassago

vassago pedal pusher

that has nothign to do with it, what year is the fork? what the person who rebuilt it rockshox certified? there's certain seals and orings in there that need to be replaced even if they look good. and also is it a dual air? or solo air?