Lowrider Build

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by TxCyclist, Jun 9, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Schwinn lowrider stock image by stretch4christ on Photobucket

I found one of these in a barn on my family's farm and have shined it up and fixed it some but I don't know if it's a good lowrider frame to go with.

Anyone know anything about these old bikes? I would like to have a front fender, not sure if it has the ability?

I am also missing the banana seat :( Where could I get ?

2. riderman14

riderman14 Guest

oh my god

dude,thats one of those old mid to late 60's 3 speeds! only the "Bad Asses" in my neighborhood had those!! all the rest of us just had the single speed sting rays!ou have a classic there and i highly reccomend that you keep it! it's made out of steel and almost indestructable! we used to beat the **** out of all those bikes when i was young,and like my old G.I. Joes, i wish i had kept them!! ride on

3. bikejeep

bikejeep Guest

that bike is A sum...I love low rider bikes,The really nice chrome ones with twisted everything, but that bike you should just restore ill post some pics up

4. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

It originally came with a trigger shift on the handlebar. Someone swapped it out with the much cooler Stik Shift. It's what they call a 'camelback' frame. It didn't come with a banana seat, but I suppose, since it looks like it has 26" tires, you would almost have to go big and get a Manta Ray banana seat....but those are pricey. They're also made for 24" bikes, so it'll look strange. You can definitely do a front fender. Is it a 26" wheelset? If so, go to ebay and do a search for 26" (or whatever diameter it is) front fender for a 26 x 1 3/8 wheel.
    Judging by the rims, they look like S5 (26x1 and 3/8), so a Traveler, Collegiate, Breeze, Racer would all be possible donors.
    Cool bike, have fun!

5. cleric

cleric Guest

Try to get a picture of it on here

6. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

OH, that's not the bike? Ha. My bad.