Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the new tyres and tubes installed, chain cleaned and lubed. Bike cleaned and a nice coat of Pedros on, rims cleaned with alcohol on the brake surface. Every bolt checked for torque and the only thing I see is a front wheel that needs a few spokes tightened for true. So the machine is ready for a century this weekend BUT the real question is the motor? It has very few miles on it this year ( by comparison ) so will the motor make to the end is the only question left to answer :D It's been a year to forget!

Attachments

·
717 Posts
What century are you doing?

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
So are you shaving your legs for the ride? ;)

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So are you shaving your legs for the ride? ;)
The drag coeffient of not shaving is so great......ah hell no ~no shaving :D

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Just go get it done. NO SAGS ALLOWED can be your battle cry :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup you're right Hazy! After all the mayhem this year I would like a good ride and finish. Andy's brother is coming down from Pa. to ride with us so our pace will be a little slower but I'm good with that.

I've lost a bit of excitement for the ride becuase of the wonderful Wx forecast we now have for the start in the morning hours

We'll ride through it and enjoy the humidity after the rain stops.

Photos....I'm still working on my people skills so I won't comment about dork disk(s), carbon, ti, plastic or other.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Looking forward to reading about how you rocked it. I'll be doing an organized century Saturday, too, but our weather looks to be somewhat nicer. Have fun, man!

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That looks like it will be a fun ride, despite the weather.
Yes it is! I was just down your way the end of August. Plano, Frisco and bounced around the area a bit. Scorched earth was all I could think and secondly found myself wondering if I could ride in that heat!

Alex, I would like a 5 -5 1/2 hour century but I don't see that happening and this would be a good one for that since it's relatively flat.

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Despite a forecast with a 60% chance of rain and the fact that it rained hard almost all day Friday I decided only a wus would be a no show. Turned out to be a great ride with a Friend and his brother that made the trip down from PA to ride with us. For the most part it just ended up being a very overcast day with some rain that honestly felt refreshing!

It was definitely a different kind of ride than I am used to but it was a worthy cause I do believe :) It was a LONG day tho.

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Just watch out for those flying Dork Disks Rola. LOL
I'm still working on my social skillz so as much as I would REALLY like to follow that up....Ima juz gonna walk away from dis ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts