made some changes to my Trek Utopia

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by chibibike, Mar 17, 2011.

1. chibibike

chibibike Banned

I went to the LBS today to see about swapping out my stem for a flat one but the girl said i should try flipping the one i have around first so i ended up flipping my 10 degree stem around and I like it a lot better. I also lowered it by taking out of the the spacers from the bottom and i put it on the top and it felt even better so how i can get a bit lower like i wanted. I put on a new seat that I like the feel of a lot better and I also go this little computer that has cadence and a lot of other stuff. I just got the wired one because I figured why spend more when I can just take the time to run the cable and it won't even be very noticeable anyway and it's less batteries to worry about so I think that makes it more reliable. I got a pump to that I screwed on under my bottle carrier, it's so cute. I'll be changing out my pedals to clipless and my handlebar soon too.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

From the angle of the photo, seat looks way out of adjustment.

3. chibibike

chibibike Banned

yeah i know I thought so to but it feels good when i sit on it. i'd like any suggestions and i'll try them. i'm still figuring it all out.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2011
  4. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I'd try a level and see if I could get the bubble be in the middle and see how that feels to start.

5. chibibike

chibibike Banned

I have made it level before and it didn't feel good. it kinda felt like the back part of the seat didn't hold my butt right but whenever i tilt it downward it feels better. maybe it's a little to much right now...

6. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

With the seat nose down that much I would think your arms would get sore from pushing your self back. I use 2.8* nose up to keep me to the back of the seat . Keep ajusting till it feels right . Get some longer rides in there some time it takes a 40 mile ride to realy get the feel of the saddle.
    My .02

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Can you get someone to take a photo of you on your bike, in the aero position?

8. SprocketGirl

SprocketGirl spin... spin.. spin

i am with Hack, i would like to see you on your bike, a pedal down. interested to see your fit as to know how that saddle angle works. if you can get the phot have someone take it as straight on from the side as possible. camera angle can mess with what we will see. (fit wise)

9. chibibike

chibibike Banned

I fixed my candace sensor magnet on my crank arm. I just had to move it over a little more so it passes more toward the tip of the sensor. I had to find a zip tie but I found one and I put double sided mounting tape on the back of it to help hold in firmly and bring it just a bit closer just in case. It works really good now I can't wait to bike again. And my seat is perfect, I don't care if it looks out of adjustment, it feels great. I'm pretty firmly against putting my picture out there on the internet. I don't mind little profile ones sometimes as long as it's not a full body and I don't have my name associated but that's it. My husband would not approve either.