1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
I'm thinking that might be a little big and gawky, not trying to be an a** but if you were to compare the 4.3" screen size of the Roadmate to the Edge 800 at 1.4" x 2.2" in my minds eye it's looking pretty huge on your bars. I could see it on a hybrid or a Surly Long Haul but I personally have a hard time seeing that on your Raleigh(s). Once agian just my .02 worth and nowadays that aint much :D

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks rola643

I have been looking at the Garmin edges, but this thing fell in my lap and was wondering if I could put it to use. I placed it above my stem to get a feel for the size and it is huge.. The battery life is also a problem at around 2 hour life.
I would love a edge 800, but a little more than I want to spend right now. I can just carry this thing in my jersey pocket and pull it out and turn it on if I need directions I guess until I can get a Garmin...

·
Two skinny J's
21,434 Posts
Thanks rola643

I have been looking at the Garmin edges, but this thing fell in my lap and was wondering if I could put it to use. I placed it above my stem to get a feel for the size and it is huge.. The battery life is also a problem at around 2 hour life.
I would love a edge 800, but a little more than I want to spend right now. I can just carry this thing in my jersey pocket and pull it out and turn it on if I need directions I guess until I can get a Garmin...
Good call! I was just comparing the 800 for size purposes. I can't honestly see paying that much for something that comes free on a phone I'm already paying for and carrying when I ride anyway. If I was in the market for another Garmin I would be getting the 500!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The edge 500 does look like a better deal for me also, but my cateye CD300DW does what I need it to do right now and I'll just carry this Magellan GPS in my pocket when I go out on unfamiliar rides..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts