Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had this platform added to TwoSpoke and in just a few weeks have seen big improvements in activity.

However a couple people have submitted complaints about the complexity of things.

So please take a second and suggest ways you feel we could make things easier or in general things you find hard to use.

Could be in the forum, cycle registry, classifieds, gallery, anywhere on the site.

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Not sure how or why but searches for topics seem to be hard to do. If I am looking for something I pretty much have to remember where it was posted to find it. In other words I can't seem to find a "global" search of the forums but a search of each topic has to be done to find. Could be I'm just missing something and in that case if you can just point me in the right direction :D...I don't mind the changes!

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Threads in general. I have a hard time finding things.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Here are things I miss (or I've somehow missed how to do it with the new forum style):
1. It was nice to have a link to each member's bikes registry on each post.
2. I miss the part of the sidebar that showed recent activity -- so you'd notice if people posted new bikes, etc.
3. I can't seem to find how to "mark forums read" any more.
4. One other nit: I'm not really crazy about seeing things on the home page, then clicking through to find it's a 2 year old stale thread. I can understand that perhaps the intent is to revive old content, but I'm still not crazy about it.

Just my 2 cents!

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://www.twospoke.com/cycle-registry/

One complaint was you could not find your cycles in the registry, so I had a block added that shows you all your entries.

I will get the Unanswered link added back.

Registry links in the forum might be a little tough but let me work at it.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Although I'm quite pleased with it's present form, I appreciate all your efforts to improve the site. Just a head's up in case you didn't know, the Registry Entries link under member's avatars is not working yet. At least not for me in Safari, Mac OS X 10.6.8.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It would be nice if I could add an avatar. I've tried everything. I am ready to forget this site for awhile until it works. JF is much easier. I've had no problems doing anything there.

·
Registered
330 Posts
It would be nice if I could add an avatar. I've tried everything. I am ready to forget this site for awhile until it works. JF is much easier. I've had no problems doing anything there.
Ya know, I click on a link, I read a thread, I click reply and reply to the thread.... it seems to be working to me. All of the 'extra' stuff.... well, at what point is whining just whining? "I'm leaving if I can't have an avatar!" You have 2 posts. Many forums don't let you have an avatar until you've posted 10 times or more.

·
Premium Member
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well if one is used to vBulletin, having the Control Panel link in a different place can be confusing. I understand his point. Just want to make sure that he can access avatars.

·
Florida Cyclist
234 Posts
button to find .....

is there a button to find new posts since last visit?? I am sure there is but I am missing it. I see the sprockets - thingy. I just want to have a list of posts new since last visit.

thanks

Mike

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
is there a button to find new posts since last visit?? I am sure there is but I am missing it. I see the sprockets - thingy. I just want to have a list of posts new since last visit.

thanks

Mike
If you look at the very top of the Twospoke page in the thin black strip you will see: Today's Post - New Posts- My Replies- My Threads and My Account. I think you might find what you need there :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Consider a mobile solution to the forum. You would be surprised how many people are doing forums at a mobile-only method. I use Tapatalk on all of my forums. Its free for the forum owner to add it (there is a method for vBulletin, too) but its costs a few bucks for the user which most people have it anyways.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Consider a mobile solution to the forum. You would be surprised how many people are doing forums at a mobile-only method. I use Tapatalk on all of my forums. Its free for the forum owner to add it (there is a method for vBulletin, too) but its costs a few bucks for the user which most people have it anyways.
You mean like the one I've been using on my Android phone for months?
TwoSpoke has its own app - no Tapatalk (which I use for RBR but HATE due to lack of features)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gcspublishing.twospoke&hl=en

1 - 20 of 39 Posts