Manufacturer Discussion Forums

Discussion in 'TwoSpoke Announcements & Comments' started by TxCyclist, Oct 28, 2009.

1. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I could use some feedback on what way to take this community.

Right now we have a growing list of Manufacturer Discussion Forums. For a positive advantage this is good for SEO because when you google "MANUFACTURE FORUM" we show up.

Downside is having all these forums kind of creates duplicate places to post. I have a question about a Steamroller, should I post in the Surly forum, Road Bike, Singlespeed, etc.

Could use as many feedbacks as possible on this one.

Keep the Manufacturer Discussion Forums or ditch the idea?

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Tough call. It's good for traffic, but may or may not be a benefit to members that aren't sure where to post. On the plus side, if someone is searching for Surly, it comes up in a search no matter what category it's posted in.

3. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I'm no expert, but I think the manufacturer discussion forums are worthwhile, I looked at a lot of them. Didn't realize it was an issue, but I use the new posts feature mostly.

I think keep the manufacturer forums, it increases traffic and I think that is the goal, at least why I'm here, to get as much info as possible in one place. And the overall experience, I think I spend more time here than on facebook or twitter.

DrB

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

I'll leave them right now. We are about to roll out a new feature that should work out real nice.