Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
Nope....I used to use MyTracks just for fun and have used Strava and Runkeeper but on a the Droid it's to much of a battery killer...

·
1,200 Posts
i downloaded on droid bc a buddy of mine was using it.. never could get it to work with the GPS on my phone so we both switched over to endomondo

·
Registered
9 Posts
I use my Wahoo Fitness app during my actual rides, but upload the data to MapMyRide, Strava, & Runkeeper. They vary a bit with the data they get from the app, so I average things out. MMR/MMF is a good app.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use it on my iPhone and am asking around, because there is supposedly a live venture but I want to see if it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use map my ride daily. I occasionally lose a ride due to battery drainage on long rides. It works everywhere that my phone's GPS works. It lacks a maximum speed feature, but I use my cycle computer for that. My main uses uses are to monitor times on regular rides and to log different routes.

·
889 Posts
I just tried Strava and although it looks good and is easy to navigate I find I prefer MapMyRide. The main reason is that MapMyRide also lets me input my weight training workouts. Strava always wants me to input a distance with it.

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
Im not a huge fan of Strava for what I like to do anyway.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Can one of you tell me how much data you use with any of these apps when it is actually running? Trying to decide between Strava and MMR. I just got a smartphone and I am really interested in using one of these.

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
Can one of you tell me how much data you use with any of these apps when it is actually running? Trying to decide between Strava and MMR. I just got a smartphone and I am really interested in using one of these.
I'm slowly warming up to STRAVA. No idea about the data usage but I'm willing to bet it is minimal at best.

·
137 Posts
I have been using my garmin forerunner to actual ride and run with but then transfer the data to mapmyride/run. But that's because i have had the garmin watch before i got the smart phone also i don't have a phone mount on my bike

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
Garmin, IMHO, is the only way to go. My curiosity has been peaked on the Joule and Powercalc tho.

·
1,393 Posts
Rola - have you found the Garmin to be accurate ? I use the app on my iPhone & don't find it to be as accurate as my bike computer - in terms of mph - but that is because the bike computer stops computing when the bike stops - does the more expensive Garmin computer overcome this failure ?

·
Two skinny J's
21,204 Posts
Rola - have you found the Garmin to be accurate ? I use the app on my iPhone & don't find it to be as accurate as my bike computer - in terms of mph - but that is because the bike computer stops computing when the bike stops - does the more expensive Garmin computer overcome this failure ?
I have my garmin set to stop calculating at 3 mph; I figure at that point I've stopped or about to fall over anyway.

I can upload to Garmin Connect, RWGPS and Strava and they all show different avg. speed. some within tenths but between RWGPS and Strava it's almost always 1 mph different. I choose the faster of the 2 since it makes me look faster and that's what I post. 19.3 sounds better than 18.5:D

As far as it being acurate on speed I really have no idea as it's all I use so I have nothing to compare it to.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts