Maybe Cold Weather isn't for Me?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by funetical, Jan 8, 2010.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I got back out pretty early this morning and got sick again. It was a good thirty degrees and I think it's difficult to determine how to dress for that. I'm thinking about putting it up for the rest of the winter. It's shame because my back was starting to feel better. Any body else get over whelmed by the cold?

I need a better stationary if I'm going to do that. My Grandmothers Sears and Roebuck all metal clanger is about to fall apart. Any suggestions?

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Don't want to do a trainer or rollers instead of a stationary?

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I got a Minoura rim-drive for my fixed gear.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I would love them, but unfortunately I can't afford them right now. The holidays took a good chunk of change out of my wallet. Do you know where I could find some cheap?

5. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

Never been effected by the cold. Probably cuz of being originally from the mid-west. Now that's cold. Never seen a real winter in the 20 some years being in this state. Oh don't get me wrong. There has been times snow/cold sticks around for couple weeks. But we can still have those 70° days in January. Don't have toooo much problem riding the snow covered roads, but , when it starts melting patches in the road, that's when I usually call it quits. Gets to be bout as rough as riding down a rock riddled mountain.

6. lotek

lotek New Member

nashbar reduced radius rollers with metal drums are $119, with coupon code would be cheaper. They get favorable reviews (I don't have these I have an old set of Minouras)
    and the metal drum is a plus.
    Did you have same symptoms (i.e. nausea, dizzy etc.) as last time?

marty

7. CTD50

CTD50 DX's Biggest Member

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. My co-worker/riding bud won't ride in the cold; he did once a few years ago, when it was in the 40's and got sick for two days.

I've been doing the winter rides for nine years, and I still occasionally feel the pain. I just suck it up anymore, cuz I LOVE to RIDE!