Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
Wasn't able to watch the cycling events. Who won the gold?

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Pretty surprising to say the least!

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I would have loved to see Phinney getm' some bronze today!

·
Registered
9,935 Posts
harleygold said:
Alexandre Vinokourov of Kazakhstan
Thanks Harley. I saw in today's paper where the cycling event was at 5:00AM, EST. I was up but didn't know at the time it on TV. Got ready to go riding with the wife at 6:00AM, so I probably would not have been able to watch all of it.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I caught only glimpses of the Mens race yesterday. I watched most of the Womens today. I've only been riding in earnest for a few months but I could relate. An 87 mile ride in under 4 hours? I'm thrilled to do 22 mph on my hybrid & there were these pros doing 27 mph for mile upon mile & close to 50 downhill. In the RAIN.

·
PureFix Fun
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i didn't get to see all the women's, but it is amazing to the strides they take to get that gold medal. kudos to all those athletes for the dedication and making US proud. :)

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,147 Posts
The women's race was amazing, especially at the end, when Marianne Vos of the Netherlands out-sprinted her two close rivals to take Gold. Very inspirational. I felt I could see at least some of what that effort cost in the lines of her body as she attacked the sprint, then later in her happy/hurting expression just after crossing the finish line. I thought the women's race was more impressive given the added difficulty of doing it all in the rain. Wow.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yes. The women's race was amazing, especially at the end, when Marianne Vos of the Netherlands out-sprinted her two close rivals to take Gold. Very exciting!! cool

1 - 10 of 10 Posts