Michigander here....

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Michigander, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Michigander

Michigander Member

I decided to join because I think that a bike forum shouldn't have to be a bureaucratic mess designed to make money, unlike some *others*. But I won't name any names. :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Michigander, for those who don't know, is a tour that goes across Michigan every year. It used to be a very demanding cross country MTB ride, but lately it's become more watered down, I think much of that has to do with the fact the riders are getting older, and less and less young people like myself (I'm 23) both want to go and can afford to. I've been going for the past 9 years. It's still fun, so I still go, but it used to be better.

Here is a slide show I made of pictures I took in 2007. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAURPIFNm-w]YouTube - Michigander XVI[/ame]

I currently ride 4 bikes. A huffy MTB with a 66 CC motor on it (rarely ride it, it's insanely dangerous), a Giant ATX, a Klein Pulse Comp, and a Schwinn Peleton. The huffy is the oldest, it's so old it was made in the US. The others are all 13 or 14 years old, but still going strong.

Anyway, I look forward to some good bike conversations with everyone here. :)

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome dude! :thumbsup:

3. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

Nice pix, but what's up with the respirator?

I used to race up in Michigan. I did the Iceman Cometh for three years. You ever do that race?

Welcome to TS.

-Scott

4. Michigander

Michigander Member

Thanks for the welcomes. :)

The respirator is for pollen and trail dust. Both my brother and I can go from being unstoppable ass haulers to being passed by 70 year old fat women on Murray's when we get asthma from trail dust and pollen.

I don't really race. I used to do some racing with the wolverine club, but not real racing, just let's see who goes the fastest on a group ride sort of racing. I have, on the other hand, done half marathons.

5. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

6. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome....I am glad to see someone else aske the respirator questions because that pick did really stand out to me. That seemed like it was/and is a good ride.

7. sandlynx

sandlynx sandlynx

I've been talked into doing the Michigander next year.

8. Michigander

Michigander Member

Do you mean by someone you know who goes on it, or perhaps by my video?

Next years ride will be a circular route, start and finish the same. It will be in the northern part of the lower peninsula, which to me is probably the best part of the state, aside from select parts of the UP. Cadillac, Traverse City, Grayling, Mackinaw, they're all super nice places to ride through, at least by Michigan standards.

9. sandlynx

sandlynx sandlynx

One of the organizers who lives here in Lansing talked me into it when she described the route, rider interaction, etc. It's a ride I'd prefer doing over DALMAC.

10. Don

Don NC Road Biker

welcome and nice slide show u posted...