Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Live to ride.
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this guy I know has a hybrid he doesn't ride because he tried to adjust the rear brakes and now they don't work. SO he just wants to give it to me. Well I just want to know, what exactly is a hybrid? I ride an old mountain bike everywhere, it's my everything bike. But, it's too small. I find that on longer journeys I tend to sit too far back on the saddle, because the distance from the bars to the seat post isn't long enough for my height.

The problem is, this guy is 6'3". I'm 5'11". I think he said that the bike was just a little small, if not perfect for him. So will it fit me?

I do not know what brand it is or anything yet. I will be receiving it sometime next week. I will do the necessary work to get it running, because I can always sell it on craigslist. But I would like a more street friendly bicycle :)

Answers and advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
A hybrid is a broad category of bicycles that aren't full on mountain bikes and not full on road bikes. They're a mixture of the two. Some lean towards the MTB side of the spectrum and some lean towards the road bike side. Without a brand or model number it's hard to say where that one fits. But hey, for free it sounds like a pretty good deal. As mentioned you can always fix it, sell it, take that money and buy something you do like if its not what you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts