Mileage

Discussion in 'Training / Health' started by jeepster93, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

How many miles do you put on in a week?
    I will post mine here...

Last week July 26 to Aug 1:
    Week before 19 to 25th:
    For the month of July I did:

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

These are road miles for me. I got in 615 in July. So far this month, with travel/work interrupting my riding :(, I have 110 on our beautiful roads around here. Hopefully, my job will quit getting in the way of my hobby!

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

This Summer has been absolutely brutal. One of the hottest ever in record. I only do about 10 miles a day, 5 days a week.

4. Xela

Got 41 in tonight. Super muggy out there. Sweated my A off. Takes me to 125 for the week so far. Gonna try to get 200 for the week with 75 on Saturday. That's a big week for me.

5. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

With not riding for a while, then workout of town and then breaking my foot total miles on a bike since 1996. 20 miles. :( All done on the Cannondale I purchased in May. I am going crazy to go ride. I try to go and visit my bike every day to make sure it still knows I love it. My wife made it very clear. I don't ride until my back is better and then I still have to wait til the walking boot comes off and the doctor ok's me to ride. If I ride without doctor's permission she said I will have to deal with her. Married 19 years. Yep the bike will sit until the doc says I can ride. One advantage, my right leg (dominate leg) is the one I broke so my it has lost some muscle and the left has gained some so when I get back to riding they will be close to equal to start out good.

6. Xela

I like how you found the silver lining. Hope you're back on it soon!

7. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

84 miles this week.
    I took Sunday and Friday off all together, ran one day, and ran/biked another...so my mileage is down a bit.

I am going to run the Las Vegas marathon(I'll do the 1/2) in December and will start training for it come late September. My mileage will plummet then.:(

8. Xela

Got 76 in today with a nasty headwind. I'd take hills over a headwind any day. Puts me at 201 for the week.

Less miles b/c you're running is nothing to be ashamed of. I try to do that only when I'm being chased. Luckily, that doesn't happen very often.