Military Bikes?

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by funetical, Nov 11, 2009.

1. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've been digging around and came across a couple of bike vendors that offer military style bikes but not ones that have been used. I called a local Military surplus store and they wished me good luck. Does anybody know where I can find a military Bike?

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I don't think such a thing exists, other than fake 40lb+ folding bikes.

3. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I've found pics but no manufacturers.

Attached Files:

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Sweet. Now I need the people who made it. I can't find any kind of manufacturers. I thought about calling the Swiss military but I don't think there listed.

6. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

I like that front rack. A lot.

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

That's why I want to get a hold of one of these. I like the idea of all this neat storage space. It's innovative.

8. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Ok this thread got me interested and I started searching. I finally came up with two search terms that helped my find a bunch of pics and information. Swiss Velo Brigade Military Bicycle and Militärvelo.

In my search I found an excellent flickr stream with many pics of a collection of Swiss miltary bikes owned by Hans Peter in Ursenbach Switzerland. He even owns one of the 5 military bikes made for women. The neat one was the one with a trailer for hauling injured people. Plus one with a nice cargo trailer.

Here are two links to places that sell used swiss military bikes and parts. You have to translate it yourself I just found it for ya'll.

Das Schweizer Militärfahrrrad

Velo Zürich | Der Velo-Laden in der Stadt Zürich

And for those of you who now want one really bad I found a link to one on Ebay. Which also has a lot of information regarding the bikes.

M93 Condor Swiss Army Bike - Excellent Condition ! - eBay (item 150385239590 end time Dec-01-09 08:15:03 PST)

Here are some of the pics I found.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  9. cowboycharlie

cowboycharlie New Member

I would assume the USA Military also has issued bicycles for bases, no?

10. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I wish I spoke swiss. I took German in high school and yet that doesn't seem to be helping. Ever.

11. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

I found a source for the Swiss bike here in the USA. Search Results :: Colemans Military Surplus LLC - Your one-stop surplus store with Army/Navy products for hunting gear, camping gear, emergency products, and survival products

The US military uses numerous sources for bicycles. While in the Navy at NTC San Diego we rode Univegas as military police bike patrol. Another base rode Giants. The training program we went through with our bikes included a bunch of different brands. All were set up in a similar manner, just different bikes hauling all the gear.

12. downtoearth

downtoearth New Member

Montague supposedly made a folding 24-speed mountain bike for US Marines called The Paratrooper in the recent past. They were folding bikes that supposedly had a near 500 lb. hauling capacity. Not sure if that partnership with the military still exists or how long it existed.

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Where did you find that Anaharsh?