Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new trek pure deluxe, I put on a rear view mirror (cheap) and would like to get one that fits on the end of the handle bars any suggestions

·
OTR-MTB and Fitness
85 Posts
Frankly if you have a decent bike shop locally I'd just wander in, ride on over, and ask for help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I have tried a couple of different mirrors over the years. A couple must be like the one you tried cause it was worthless. The ones I think many people find effective fit on sunglasses. Saw one yesterday that was just a little stick on that could be adjusted and another clipped to the frame of the ear piece. My eyes do not make that effective for me, but might work for you. Other that that, the ones that are bar end, usually require you to cut a hole through the grip to get something inside the handle bar and tighten. I use those on my recumbent and have one on my upright bike as well. They usually stay put for me and work pretty well on the recumbent. Don't forget on an upright bike you can use the bend over and look between your legs technique. Try it somewhere when you have no traffic first and there is nothing to hit. Many people on uprights that get good at that technique find they do not feel a need for mirrors. I also got to laugh at an old bud years ago though as he used that method to look for the cars behind him, he plowed into the back of an old stopped work truck. Saw it right before he hit it, and it happened so fast he didn't even get his cussing out till after he picked himself up off the ground.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I use one of the stick on the helmit I don't think it is the best but I would not like being with out it. It seams to nead a little ajusting now and then on a ride.

·
OTR-MTB and Fitness
85 Posts
Mine is a Third Eye "Safe View" Seams to work well, does need to be ajusted from time to time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts