• The wide gear range

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Larger/Wider Tires than a road bike

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • That seat!

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Upright riding position

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Hybrid? Pheh! Give me my slammed stem fixie minus brakes!

Votes: 1 6.3%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a hybrid, and while it isn't my main bike to ride, it may be one of my most versatile. I use my hybrid for hauling my daughter around in her iGo, I use it as a tug the Co-Pilot trailer to haul groceries, etc. My hybrid is used for fsmily rides, where I pull my daughter and my wife follows on her hybrid.

I like my hybrid for the wide gear range, 700c tires and ability to add a rack and fenders. I installed fenders already, a basket up front may be next. The suspension seat post and sprung saddle is comfortable with or without cycling shorts, and with the suspension fork's preload dialed up, the ride is still supple without losing a lot of energy through the fork "pogo-ing."

My wife enjoys her hybrid due to back problems she has as well as an easy mount-dismount due to the lack of a top tube, ergonomic grips and a low center of gravity which makes dawdling along the beach easy. We both like the double wall rims, after enjoying some pot holes and curb jumps, they remain true.

So, what makes your hybrid ideal?

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
For me and my PIA arthritic knees, ti's the wider gear range, the hybrid has over a road bike in the same price range!! I NEED my 11-32 and my 28/38/48 set up for the HILLS here in Colorado Springs! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts