Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, do you reward yourself after a ride? There's a group I ride with, after a hard hill series ride, they indulge in ice cream on Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings. Sunday mornings are rewarded with coffee, Thursday nights are Mexican food and beer or Seafood and beer.

For me, I don't reward myself except maybe a bit of an indulgence if I go to Chipotle afterwards or maybe (horror of horrors) I'll have a few Swedish fish or Cola bottles.

How about you?

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
No reward program here. Ride before work, so it's ride and head to work :)

·
Two skinny J's
21,208 Posts
Yup, I thought the same, well minus the flaxseed, Love me some Chocolate milch after a ride!

·
Deranged Touring Cyclist
5,152 Posts
I'd like to consider my chocolate milk/flaxseed a reward but its more recovery than a reward you know?
Why can't it be both? Just because it actually helps in recovery is no reason to deny ichocolate milk as a reward!

I find most of my rewards to be food-based. Unsurprisingy, I enjoy eating much more after a hard ride. Cycling will definitely give teeth to one's hunger. Ultimately, cycling itself is its own reward for me. The rest is just gravy :)

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
No rewards here per se. Ditto on the Choc milk ( good idea on the flax seed may have to add that) I allow 1 day every 2 weeks to just binge and eat whatever for the most part. Have been known on special occasions to deviate from that though:rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
I usually have a tall, cold glass of milk or chocolate milk, if there's any left that my wife doesn't drink. Once in a while, I'll have some oatmeal-raisin cookies to go with that.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Dont think I "reward" myself so much. I drink chocolate milk after a ride and eat something. Usually greek yogurt or oatmeal with some fruit. Later in the day I will have a beer, maybe.

The ride before work is the reward for me :)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Rewarding myself with food is not a good idea as it's far too easy to get myself off track with that mindset. I try to reward myself, when I am feeling the need , with other types of things. Occasionally. Like concert fix. I do believe in a nice recovery drink or snack to replace glycogen, but have given up on thinking of it as a reward. It's more about getting ready for the next day's ride to me.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
:rolleyes: I must be rewarding my self as I have road about 3,000 miles this year and I have not lost but a pound. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts