Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been keeping track on my iPhone of every ride I have done this month and had no idea what the mileage was until I just added it up.

I rode 18 days so far this month, for a total of 309 miles.. Not a record breaking event I know, but I'm very happy with myself.

Whats Yours??

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
My goal every month is 400 I can usually achieve this after the weather breaks in the spring and will continue until fall. Last year I felt burnt out in September so I took a couple weeks off.

·
Two skinny J's
21,193 Posts
I had to go look. Like Ksr5 mine is higher in the warmer months and looks like anywhere from 300 to 425 a month. This year it has been a lot closer to 300. Time has not been on my side this year...for many reasons!

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
365 this month, 415 last month. Ive been trying to get 100 miles /week since the weather straightened out, but sometimes life gets in the way huh?

I've been using pedalmybike.com to keep track

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice everyone...

UPDATE: Just completed the 19th day this month with a new total of 325 miles...

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
From 5-27 to 6-27, 483 on the Jamis and 23 on the Fuji = 506 miles
From 6-1 to 6-27, 412 on the Jamis and 13 on the Fuji = 425
From 1-1 t0 6-27 Started with 352 miles on the Jamis it has 2224 miles as of 6-27
I am 66 years old weight is 230#
last year I road over 4,000 miles

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
My goal is to ride a 100 miles a week, but life has not been that cooperative so far. Only getting about 75 miles in. Going for my first metric century in the morning. That should help my numbers a little.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am up to about 300/month. I ride 10 miles a day, 4-5 days a week and every other weekend I try to ride 60 miles. Trying to get up to a century. Planning on getting a better bike which will help greatly.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The first 3 months of the year totalled 350 miles, but the next 3 months I have manged over 400 per month, with June being my best month so far with 442 miles. Hopefully July will be another 400+ month but August will be far less as vacationing.

I set myself the goal of 2000 miles for the year but going to have to revise that up. Maybe 3000, not bad for a 41 year old slightly over weight guy who only got back into cycling last year. :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I set myself the goal of 2000 miles for the year but going to have to revise that up. Maybe 3000, not bad for a 41 year old slightly over weight guy who only got back into cycling last year. :D
Trust me, you won't stay slightly overweight for long putting down that kind of mileage. I'm 47, started riding again early this year and have dropped over 20 lbs riding.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I started 2 years ago lost 30 lbs and I just received results from blood work my cholesterol went from 225 to 187 and all the other numbers were great. I always had problems everything was either to high or to low until I started riding and now I feel great.I'm curious what kind of average speed do you guys get I'm 51 and average between 13 and 16.5 mph over a 20 mile ride depending on how i feel.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Been doing 200+/month since the snow melted. Almost all weekends, no ability to ride workdays.

ksr5, I'm averaging 14-15 mi/hr on the usual routes, which have only mild hills. Watching the young guys zoom by me (I also have a 5 in my age).

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Asked a question answered in another thread Doh!

·
Recumbent Evangelist
90 Posts
I typically ride from 200-300 miles per month, mostly from daily commuting (I cycle all-year-'round), but that spikes up to 500-600 miles during the summer months when I also drive my cycle-taxi (an Anthrotech recumbent trike pulling a 2-person rickshaw trailer) to cart around tourists to hotels and train stations plus weekend drunk local folks from place-to-place (can earn about $150-$200 USD in pocket money easily on Fridays and Saturdays).

Not sure about much weight-loss yet as I still seem to have sort of 'IT-belly' from 30 years of sitting in front of a computer - and it's doesn't want to go away. Probably because recumbent cycling doesn't really work out the abdominals as much as I imagined it would. But I know I'm fitter than 25 years ago, and with legs muscles beginning to look like those you'd see on the Tour-de-France riders.

Although after my recent ride from Denmark to the UK and back, I notice that all of my blue-jeans need a belt or suspenders to keep up! :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
My goal is a 100+ per week as well, and the closer the Seagull gets the more that'll increase. I like using Strava.com or Mapmyride. Both are very useful and allow members to form groups with friends so everyone can see each others progress or sandbagging. If anyone joins, let me know. I'm always in for a little extra pressure to get the job done.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts