More Rain

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Burr, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Get ready for more head lines!!

Big rain now and a big storm/typhoon maybe next week.

And it's cold, wow 76f!!!

2. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Burr is this the Mon Soon season You are sure haveing some bad weather over there

3. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I rode my Harley in a light rain this morning. Made me think long and hard about a Spyder.

Stay dry and upright.

4. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

It's not the rain that is causing the problems.

The people throw there trash in the ditches, creeks and streets then it stops up the drains.

They have sold every tree then the mud slides.

I can't say more, I live here.
    so far my house is dry. We got half the roof painted yesterday before the rains started again.

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

What do you do with your trash? I understand lack of public utilities but aren't you incapable of dealing with it in any other way? Be safe. Good luck!

6. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Dude, I take care of my trash!!!!!

There is Public utilities, the people are to lazy to take care of there trash.

7. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Third world discussion, enough said....

I learned about new storms from guy I been ridin with since last week, he is from Philipines, he is kinda worried, has family there I think. I told him about this forum, hopin he will sign up and follow... will let you know.

Good luck and keep as dry as you can buddy, and keep us up on the happenings there if you can.:thumbsup:

BTW, wife picked up new bike today, will be bringin it down this weekend, can't wait to ride it!!!!!!!!!!!

Take care,
    DrB

Last edited: Oct 15, 2009
  8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Really?! That's why? I always allowed myself to believe that people wouldn't do that to themselves given a choice but it does appear to be pure laziness then.

9. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

No rain, getting the last of the roof painted, I HOPE!

10. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Good luck with the paintin....Does the roof leak, or is the paint just protection?

DrB

11. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

No leaks, just trying to take care.

I TRY to keep my place nice!!!!

Now you liking your new job?

12. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Well, it's a job, and it pays well, paperwork is unbelievable, dentistry is really easy, but paperwork is rediculous. Really too early to tell, but suspect it won't be to tough once I get the hang of it.

On another note, wife is bringing my new road bike down tomorrow, will be able to ride it all weekend, REALLY excited get on it a do some ridin, my crosstrail weighs over 33lbs, the roubaix weighs less than 17, gonna be very cool!!!!!!!!

Any idea when the rain is gonna start?

It rained hard here on tuesday, but now weather is nice, in the 70's and sunny. We got over 8inches of rain in Pollock Pines, fire danger is finally past up there, was kinda scary, has been VERY dry up there.

DrB

13. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

If the Typhoon keep coming we should start feeling it about Tuesday BUT I think it is going to turn way North. Hit Japan. We'll see.

Better be careful the first few rides, but they never ride good until the have a few skid marks and you can grow new skin. Watch the cranks on the turns, I have jumped two feet sideways when the cranks hit the street.

Enjoy, to bad about the Dodgers!!!

14. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Hopefully it will go north, I'll be watchin...

I have actually rode the same model bike around Solvang during the tour of CA back in february, so have some time on the bike. As for the cranks hittin, I'm 6'3" so it is a 61cm bike so cranks are VERY far off the ground and I've not had much trouble hittin the ground, but I have every intention of takin it pretty easy until I get the hang of it, don't want to break it right of the bat. Gonna be fun though, wife and I are goin to Monterey next weekend for my bday, so will be riding it there some as well. Roads around Soledad where I'm living now are pretty smooth so should be a pretty good area to do a shakedown and see how it feels before I really do any hard riding.

Wife got a little mad at me when she say my computer, max speed coming down the canyon east of here was over 50 and she was not happy with me, and that was on my hybrid, so I'm gonna take it easy cause she will be checkin up on me.:D

Ya, too bad about the Dodgers, maybe they will bounce back I don't know, not really much of a baseball fan, college fball is mostly what I watch when I watch it, USC grad so guess who I root for.:thumbsup:

DrB

Last edited: Oct 16, 2009
  15. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Put on some longer cranks, go faster in the flat lands if you can turn them.

Guess I'm getting so old I stay in the middle ring most of the time anymore. I run 66rpm's and that's that.

When's your B-Day, email me some phone numbers and I'll sing happy birthday. I got VoIP.

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Burr. I tried googling Philippine houses and got nothing of interest. Are they western style houses. I'm just curios.

17. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Most are not!

We have a nice house by American standards and we live by American standards, most don't.

We need to let things rest, I'll let you know the weather if you are interested and I'll repeat anything that's in the newspaper that's about all I have to say.

You can google Philippine newspapers and read the same thing I do and see the same pictures I see you can also get the TV news to read.

Use Google, it's great.

18. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Google you say? What's this google to which you speak? Hah I'm joshin you I know about google.