Morning New E-Friends

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Phatman, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Phatman

Phatman New Member

Hello all

I've been thinking about getting back into riding bikes for quite a while now. As a kid growing up between a few southern states but mostly in FL, I was constantly on either a skateboard or bike. Now I am 30, and I don't think I've ridden a bike in 10 years:eek: I have my first child on the way, so I've been thinking it might be a good thing to get in a little better shape. Since completing college, I sit behind a desk at least 9-5 Monday through Friday crunching numbers, which has lead to a decent size gut that I wouldn't mind getting rid of. I also snowboard and surf avidly, but the surfing has gone way downhill since moving to CT and the development of my gut. I'm thinking I might like to incorporate a bike into my commute when the weather permits, and doing a little off-road trail riding in summer when it's flat.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Hello, Phatman. Welcome to TwoSpoke! Great having you.

3. Phatman

Phatman New Member

Fayetteville huh, the first 9 years of my life were spent in Vilonia, AR. its a small town(I've heard it's grown considerably since I moved but when I was there it was tiny) about 40 miles north of Little Rock.

4. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

5. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!!

6. jjamison

jjamison fat guy on 2 wheels

Welcome ! You'll love some Mountain biking! great way to get started!

7. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I grew up in LR. Moved to Fayetteville for school and didn't want to leave. I know where Vilonia is.

8. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to Twospoke.com!

9. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Hi , 30, I didn;t start biking untill I was 64, now allI wan't to do is be on my bike.:D